Stallhagen Summer Ale | Stallhagens Bryggeri Ab

Awaiting More Ratings

Stallhagens Bryggeri Ab
Finland
stallhagen.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Availability: Summer

Added by bark on 04-12-2006

Reviews by Sjokvistarn:
3.02/5  rDev -5.3%

Bought a bottle when on visit in Finland.

A: Clear yellow with a medium high head that settles pretty fast.

S: Mild tones of citrus, some grass and hops, gives a summery feel although I find it somewhat synthetic.

T: Tones of citrus, a hint of herbal tea and also some almond perhaps?

M: Even though there are some pleasant tastes the mouthfeel is pretty bland and watery, almost no bubbles or carbonation.

Comment: It can perhaps work as a refreshing beer in the summertime, but I don't know how fresh the bottle was that I bought, it can be that some taste and smell had gone lacking due to a late test on my behalf? Not to impressed overall I'm afraid.

2.75/5  rDev -13.8%

3.59/5  rDev +12.5%

Pre-production sample from the Helsinki Beer Festival. “We are experimenting with American hops”, the brewer told me.

The colour is clear yellow; the large compact firm foam is white.

Butter and buttercups dominates the smell. There are also some sweet notes of cloudberries and American hops.

The taste is sweet and flowery with some dough and maybe lactose. It is, however, not very complex. The aftertaste is somewhat bitter with a touch of cookies.

The carbonation is fresh with large bubbles, more like a lager than an ale.

Stallhagen Summer Ale from Stallhagens Bryggeri Ab