Touch Of Honey | Starr Hill Brewery

Starr Hill Brewery
Virginia, United States
starrhill.com

Style: Dubbel

Starr Hill’s Taste of Honey Belgian-Style Dubbel is our rendition of the classic Belgian Dubbel in which we substitute wildflower honey from our friends at Hungry Hill Farm in Shipman, Virginia, in place of the traditional Belgian candi sugar. Dark fruit and spicy aromatics from Belgian Abbey yeast meld nicely with caramel and toffee flavors from Munich and chocolate malts. Taste of Honey has a medium body and just enough bitterness for balance.

Added by cjgiant on 02-16-2014

Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

3.92/5  rDev +13.3%

3.46/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

This beer poured a pale brown translucent with minimal head. The smell has hints of yeast, raisin, honey, and a little funk.

The beer followed the nose with some honey sweetness up front, a hint of dark fruit, and a tart-side of bitter end, though that was cut by the sweetness. Overall, however, the taste is lacking a little in depth. It has a profile that I am used to in Starr Hill beers.

That being said, the funk I got in the smell comes across as a little stale, and was the one thing that detracted from my enjoyment. I am assuming that, being a new beer, the keg wasn't stale, so I think it's just that the beer taste didn't quite fit with me on the bitter/funk side.

Touch Of Honey from Starr Hill Brewery