Northern Lights IPA | Starr Hill Brewery

2.75/5  rDev -24.2%

3.25/5  rDev -10.5%

3.25/5  rDev -10.5%

3.82/5  rDev +5.2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

nice color, good head. A somewhat local beer for me, I have tried several from this brewery and this so far is my favorite. Nice hoppy bitterness, but not overdone. An above average beer, yet not quite one of the best IPAS I have had. Would definitely drink again and would recommend without hesitation. Good job, Starr Hill !!!!

3.75/5  rDev +3.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Bottle poured into a snifter

A: Beautiful dark copper color - my favorite when it comes to beers. Left about 1 finger of head which dissipated rather quickly and left almost no lacing. Had the lacing been there and maybe a little thicker head, this would have received a 5. The color is just beautiful.

S: Nothing really to write home about here. Definitely a more floral smelling IPA. It's not off-putting, but very average.

T: This is what I would consider an upper-middle class IPA. You get all the bitterness of the hops without your palate taking any damage. At 52 IBUs and 6.5% ABV it is very standard to the American IPA genre. I don't really pick up very much in terms of malty qualities, but if I had to take a stab at it, I'd say I'm picking up some caramel. It;s very subdued, though.

M: Great mouthfeel! Nice and crisp, easy-drinking. Isn't too heavy or really coat your tongue very much, which is my preference. Great carbonation which adds to the crisp, refreshing sensation of this beer. Nice and smooth!

O: Overall, this is a very easy-drinking, refreshing, IPA. There isn't really anything that jumps out at you or grabs your attention, so to speak, but I definitely enjoy it. Pick it up and give it a try if you have a chance!

4.25/5  rDev +17.1%