Festie Oktoberfest Lager (Heavy Rotation Series No. 07) | Starr Hill Brewery

Festie Oktoberfest Lager (Heavy Rotation Series No. 07)Festie Oktoberfest Lager (Heavy Rotation Series No. 07)

Average: 3.66 | pDev: 6.01%

Reviews: 4 | Ratings: 10

Ranked #277 German Märzen / Oktoberfest and #48,695 overall.

ABV: 4.80% | Availability: Rotating

Notes:
Good
Reviews: 4 | Ratings: 10
3.68/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Crystal clear and golden orange in color. Very slim, quickly receding head.

Toasted, nutty malts on the nose.

Bready and toasty in taste and fairly sweet with an occasional hint of cherries.

Medium full with moderate syrup and astringency.

I liked this. Sweet and toasty with good body and feel.

3.52/5  rDev -3.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Typical orange tinged see through Oktoberfest beer with a quickly receeding head. Grassy hops most prominent on the nose with some slight malt. Bready finish with some grassy hops to start. Not bad but nothing exciting with the flavor. Pretty well carbonated though a bit watery.

3.75/5  rDev +2.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Pours a copper color with a large bubble white head that faded rapidly away. Smell is malty, sweet, caramel, and sweet. Taste is mild, a little sweet leaning towards a caramel flavor, a little malty with a sweet bread flavor to it. Finish is a little lingering sweetness. This is a beer that is very easy to drink, certainly crushable, so would work well in any stein or boot you choose to fill for an Oktoberfest celebration. Won't wow you with flavor, but if you're looking for something crushable and tasty at an Oktoberfest celebration or tailgate, this would work well.

3.86/5  rDev +5.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

My chicken has apparently come home to roost with this one! You will notice that I added it + I am the one who took, resized & submitted the approved pic. It seems fitting that I will also be its first reviewer. How is it that it did not become a part of The Bottle Backlog here at Chez Woody? I receive a box from the brewery on a monthly basis, filled with cheat sheets & merch with the tacit understanding that I will give the beers an unbiased, no-holds-barred review. Hey, I have done many bad things in my life, but I try to maintain my integrity & not be a sellout.

From the bottle: "Heavy Rotation Series"; "Smooth and malty with a clean finish, this is our tribute to the German tradition of Marzen lagers."

I Pop!ped the cap & decided to go with a rare (these days) heavy-handed pour. Man, the two fingers of foamy, soapy, tawny head came rushing up to greet me before suddenly backing off and down. Color was solid Copper (SRM = 17), the shade of an ex's hair & I wondered if I could take this beer down to the local recycling plant & get Cu $ for it. Nose was quite malty & sweet, bready with a sugary syrupy quality. Oh my. Mouthfeel was medium. The taste, while still quite sweet, was not as pronounced as it had been on the nose. Instead, it had a reserved sweetness, as though it were shy about its taste. I thought of fresh-baked bread primarily, but with a light sweetness. This is my kind of Oktoberfest/ Marzen - not overly sweet, but not inappropriately dry, either. Finish was in that oddball region between semi-sweet & semi-dry. Boy, I could drink this pretty often this Fall. CAN yinz please put this in CANs?

Festie Oktoberfest Lager (Heavy Rotation Series No. 07) from Starr Hill Brewery