Forst V.I.P. Pils | Brauerei Forst AG

Style: German Pilsener

Added by stcules on 06-25-2006

Reviews by mmmbirra:
3.72/5  rDev +6.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Pale and clear, with a head that dissipates quickly. A little lacing on the sides of the glass.

The aroma is the best part of this beer. The hops are upfront, spicy and floral, but not overdone.

The flavor is nice and hoppy with a little spice and a nice fruitiness. Slightly sweet with a bit of corn, but lacks that nice bite in the back that I expect from a great pils. Still, pretty good.

Better than most pilsners you'll find around here, and really quite solid, but far from perfect.

3.32/5  rDev -4.9%

Purchased bottle at Bishop's Cellar in Halifax, NS.

Appearance: Pours a pale gold colour, clear, vigourous pour leaves big bone white head, leaves plenty of gobs of lace, drops relatively quickly.

Aroma: Bready, sweet, grainy, flowery & herbal hop profile.

Taste: Sweet and grainy mostly. Medium bitterness. A little astringent in finish.

Mouthfeel: Light bodied, slightly sticky.

Final Statment: I'm sure this isn't a prime sample of this beer, being an unpopular beer at a small private store, and coming all the way from Italy, however, I finished this one. Would try again on tap, if that ever happens.

3.4/5  rDev -2.6%

Yellow to grrenish color, just a bit veiled. No bubbles. The head is quite creamy, not bad.
Grassy hop with a background of acacia honey in the smell.
The taste is well hopped too, and it is quite dry.
Grassy notes in the aftertaste again, and again some point of sweetness here and there. Quite long bitterness.
Light body, very drinkable.
A good pils.

3.53/5  rDev +1.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Forst V.I.P. Pils from Brauerei Forst AG