Peak Organic IPA | Peak Organic Brewing Company

Peak Organic Brewing Company
Maine, United States
peakbrewing.com

Style: American IPA

This unique India Pale Ale features our favorite hops—Simcoe, Amarillo and Nugget. A generous Amarillo and Simcoe dry hop provide for an assertive, hop-forward nose and front palate. We don’t use traditional bittering hops in our IPA, providing nothing but stimulating citrus and floral characteristics.

Inspired by a recipe from our good friend and fellow homebrewer Tim from the North Shore Homebrewers Club.

Added by WanderingFool on 04-17-2009

3.25/5  rDev -11.9%

3.6/5  rDev -2.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

12 oz. bottle poured into a 12 oz. glass.

Appearance: Pours a clear orange with a white head that sticks around for a few minutes. Carbonation more than average and lacing heavy.

Aroma: Pine and citrus dominate along with hop bitterness. Smells like an IPA.

Taste: Pretty standard IPA-type flavors. Lemon, orange, citrus, and lots of hop bite. Alcohol is muted despite the somewhat high ABV.

Mouthfeel: This is pleasant to drink. Some IPAs are basically like drinking alcoholic Lysol; this isn't one of them.

Overall: Pretty good, standard IPA. Nothing wild or fancy, but would appeal to casual IPA fans and the "I must drink every IPA that exists ever because IPAs are nectar handed down from Zeus in beer form!" crowd. Unlikely to be anyone's favorite, unless they are "organics only" folks, in which case it will almost definitely be their favorite.

1.75/5  rDev -52.6%

4.17/5  rDev +13%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Well shucks, this is an underrated beer (even by myself, preemptively) if I ever had one.
A-great, nothing like too sexy. S-so buttery, T- I don't want to ruin the surprise, but, more buttery. It's like butter paradise. I don't love buttery flavor but it's not like smelling/tasting some artificial butter flavor, it's like smelling/tasting amarillo, simcoe and nugget hops in a beer that is organic, and how many times have you even had an organic beer? M- medium, buttery, amply carbonated and just right in that sense. O-I bought one of these bottle but now I need a sixpack. Do you know how rarely that happens?! Well it'd happen more often if this here American craft brew scene weren't so darn crowded. pleasedrinkthis.

edit: I enjoyed the butteriness in this beer, and recall not enjoying it much in California chardonnays. I now have learned (from other reviews of this beer) that the buttery taste is caused by diacetyl (thanks for pushing me to read up, ya'll). I will buy this beer again and update the review if it's not so apparent. I had only bought one bottle because I was mixing a six-pack to try new things.

4.25/5  rDev +15.2%