Peak Organic Fall Summit Ale | Peak Organic Brewing Company

Maine, United States
peakbrewing.com

Style: American Amber / Red Ale

Availability: Fall

This autumn ale is a showcase of the mighty Summit hop. Our friend Jason grows amazing Summits that combine pine, spice and captivating citrus aromas. A good dose of toasted malts provides warm, rich flavors to contrast the hops on the front palate. Cold fermentation gives a surprisingly crisp finish. We hope you enjoy this unique fall brew.

Added by obireidkenobi on 09-10-2010

3.75/5  rDev +2.5%

3.76/5  rDev +2.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

12 oz. bottle poured into a glass.

Appearance: Pours a clear light amber with a half inch white head that sticks around a while. Lacing moderate.

Aroma: Smells of floral hops, citrus, caramel, toffee and toast. Pretty nice nose.

Taste: Follows the nose. It's mild but complex. Pretty tasty.

Mouthfeel: Somewhat light for the style. Could possibly use more body, but it's not a big negative.

Overall: Tasty amber ale. It doesn't scream "fall" at me and could probably be an annual. I'd have another.

4.75/5  rDev +29.8%

2.5/5  rDev -31.7%

3.75/5  rDev +2.5%

2.81/5  rDev -23.2%

A: Pours a middle-amber with very little head.

S: Immediate earthy, wet autumn leaf smell. Best part of the beer in my opinion. I couldn't get enough

T: Mild immediate sweet taste followed by bitterness followed by the most awful aftertaste of old leaves, dirt. I imagine this is what gives the great smell but this taste comes around and bites you at the end. Very off-putting to me

M: Medium body with a large amount of carbonation

Overall I couldn't get past a 2.50 on this. I actually poured out the rest of the glass after my first few mouthfuls. I just couldn't get past the bitter earthy tobacco dead leaf taste at the end. I drink tons of beers and rarely ever pour them out. If you're into earthy beers - this is the one.

4.04/5  rDev +10.4%

Bottle > Pint Glass

A - Nice rich amber color with two fingers of bubbly khaki head, nice lacing.
S - Grassy, earthy, toasted grain and nuts, light pine, caramel and biscuit, even a very faint trace of baking chocolate.
T - Very complex and inviting flavor, really nice grassy and earthy fresh hop flavor, nutty, toasted biscuit and bread malt, somewhat floral on the end.
M - Clean and smooth, very refreshing.
O - One of the more interesting beer's I've had lately, lots of nice complexity, definitely a good fall session beer, and I think it might be my favorite thing from Peak Organic.

3.58/5  rDev -2.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

A: Pours a slightly hazy amber with a medium amount of off-white head. Just some surface film and a ring around the glass retains, but it leaves solid sheets of lacing.

S: Grainy and a bit sweet, with a light grassy hop note.

T: Mildly sweet leading into a somewhat hoppy finish; not overly bitter, but the hops are certainly present.

M: Medium to light body, medium to strong carbonation.

Overall, a perfectly good everyday/session beer, but probably not one I'd seek out again.

4.25/5  rDev +16.1%