Copper Canyon Maibock | Copper Canyon Brewery

3.86/5

Copper Canyon Brewery

Style: Maibock / Helles Bock

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Availability: Spring

Added by marburg on 05-17-2004

Reviews by redmosquito:
3.51/5  rDev -9.1%

Clear, burnished gold in color with a thin white head, as served. Malty aroma, biscuity and sweet, with a touch of floral hops and a fruity yeast finish. Clean flavor, sweet with some bitterness, some alcohol and a rich fruit yeast finish. Nice body, and a warming finish. Overall this is a tasty maibock, with plenty of charater, it would be easy to drink a few of these, except of course that 6.8% thing.

3.97/5  rDev +2.8%

With it being July when I actually had this brew I was surprised to still see this one on tap but was glad I have it a try as it was a very nice brew. It poured to a golden color with clear amber highlights. Had a smallish head that only left wisps of lace. The aroma was nice, strong malt scent with bread like tone, sweet highlights, and a slight alcohol scent. After a long day this smelled excellent. The taste did not disappoint, I will not say that it was outstanding but was good and pretty much on style. Again the malt was very noticeable and very inviting, taste of fruit also made its way to the front. Over all this is a good beer and was happy that this was my first selection, and glad I did not take the IPA recommendation from the waiter, although I got slightly burned on this advice for my second selection ;-) . Nice brew, try it if you get the chance.

4.09/5  rDev +6%

Not a bad "little" beer from these guys, who generally seem more focused on style than substance.

Dark amber -- tarnished penny with hints of red in the light. Frothy off-white head. Reeks of sweetness. Wet grains and sacks of sugar, maybe some carmelized apple and perfum, on the nose. Very aromatic for any bockbier. Sweetness dominates. Hints of lemon spritz and sweet apples mix with bready, sweet malts and hints of alcohol. Cakey and borderline cloying. I had literally 6 pints of this, so it's pretty drinkable. I don't know the abv, but it's not a small beer.

Copper Canyon Maibock from Copper Canyon Brewery