Shipyard Pumpkinhead Ale | Shipyard Brewing Co.

Shipyard Pumpkinhead AleShipyard Pumpkinhead Ale

2.5/5  rDev -16.7%

3.25/5  rDev +8.3%

3.75/5  rDev +25%

4.87/5  rDev +62.3%

This is one of my favorite beers ever. It is not too pumpkin-y and still tastes like beer without being weak. I love the color, and every fall I look forward to it with bells on. Unfortunately hard to find on tap outside of new england. I have love the feel and if you take your time with this beer you'll understand how good it is. Only down side is for some people it may be too "drinkable". I like that personally.

3.25/5  rDev +8.3%

1.5/5  rDev -50%

4.75/5  rDev +58.3%

4.56/5  rDev +52%

First off, the bottle labeling is very cool, one of my favorites.

A: Light gold apperance with nice lacy head. This beer looks very enticing.

S: Has very subdued pumpkin spice smell. It's nice to pick up the light scent as it temps and is not overpowering.

T: Tastes light, smooth, and refreshing with a slight pumpkin pie finish that just makes you smile. Again, the taste is not over-powering or sweet. I think I could easily chug myself into intoxication with this stuff.

M: Mouthfeel is light, smooth mellowness, like should I savor each gulp or just down this whole thing now.

O: My overall opinion was I should have bought as much of this as I could find. I get this beer so cold, because it is so smooth to drink and erases all thirst. That being said, it still goes down very well as it warms up and the spices seem to dance. I think this is a great pumkin beer, and I'm proud to drink it and review it. Try it, it's a winner

1.5/5  rDev -50%

4.25/5  rDev +41.7%

3.19/5  rDev +6.3%

Appearance- Poured a golden-yellow color. Kind of looks like a typical macro american lager. Has about a half inch white head that leaves little lacing on the glass.

Smell- Very, Very light pumpkin smell. Not much else. Maybe some nutmeg.

Taste- Very light. You can pick up some pumpkin and spice notes.

Mouthfeel- Smooth, light taste. Wish it had a little more to it.

Overall- To me, this is a pumpkin beer that would be a good beer for someone who has never tried a pumpkin beer. It's quite sessionable and easy to drink. It's not the best, but it's not terrible. If your a bud or coors drinker and you want to try a seasonal brew, you would like this.

3.5/5  rDev +16.7%

Photo of
4.25/5  rDev +41.7%

You had this beer. Write a review.

3.5/5  rDev +16.7%

4.12/5  rDev +37.3%

Appearance – The beer poured a nice pale golden color. There was about a finger of head on top. I couldn't wait to taste it, so I have idea how long the head would have lasted. After my first sip a very thin white head covered the entire top of the beer and no lacing was left on the glass. A constant flow of small carbonation bubbles flowed from the bottom of the glass to the top thin layer of head.

Smell – The smell is nothing more than pure fall. It smelled of a very deep dark pumpkin pie spice. I could smell the entire pie. There was a strong nutmeg smell followed by a hint of cinnamon and the beer finished with the scent of burnt graham cracker pie crust.

Taste – The taste brings you though exactly what the smell does. It starts with alcohol and carbonation to nutmeg, to cinnamon, to burnt pie crust.

Mouth feel – The beer is very light and very carbonated. So much carbonation that the alcohol taste stands out until the carbonation subsides and reminds the mouth of spice.

3/5  rDev 0%

Shipyard Pumpkinhead Ale from Shipyard Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 3 out of 5 with 2,695 ratings