Shipyard Pumpkinhead Ale | Shipyard Brewing Company

Ratings: 2,714 |  Reviews: 889

4.25/5  rDev +41.2%

1.82/5  rDev -39.5%

Poured a pale orange.
The smell is a little bit of malt, that's all I can get from it.
Initial taste was me thinking the beer had gone bad in my fridge but after checking out the score, I realized it's just not a goo beer.
This is a pretty sad excuse for a pumpkin beer. I'm not sure what I'm tasting, maybe it's like licking the inside of a three-day old pumpkin?

Almost no discernable spices, barely any pumpkin flavor. Honestly not sure if I'll finish this one...

3.75/5  rDev +24.6%

2.75/5  rDev -8.6%

2.75/5  rDev -8.6%

2.25/5  rDev -25.2%

2.5/5  rDev -16.9%

2.68/5  rDev -11%

12oz bottle poured into a snifter. Bb march.

Pours a deep golden with just a slight haze, fairly clear. Lots of carb bubbles rushing to the top. 1/4 in or so of average looking white head, not much lace. I expect a darker orange color in a pumpkin ale.

Hardly any aroma. Smells like its definatly going to be light and most likely flavorless. Slight hints of cinnamon and nutmeg.

The taste only slightly better than the aroma led to believe. Mostly spicey cinnamon with some slightly tart green apple. Some semi sweet grains. Only hints of nutmeg and pumpkin and the light watery feel really ruins it for me.

Very light and very over carbed for the style.

I bought this because I was craving a pumpkin ale, selection was limited, and I wanted one I never had. I wasn't expecting much but I think the shock top pumpkin was better than this. Tasted more like apple cinnamon than pumpkin. Avoid.

2.5/5  rDev -16.9%

3.05/5  rDev +1.3%

Pours a golden yellow with very little head that dissipates quickly. Last year, this beer on tap was my favorite pumpkin. So far from the look of it, I can't recall why.

Smells slightly sweet and not too spicy. This is a little out of balance in a way I haven't been seeing this year. Most pumpkins have been over spiced. This might be under.

Tastes pretty good. Hints of pumpkin and some very mellow spicing. The spices could be more prevalent, but it's tasty and nice.

It has a smooth, mellow taste and its well on the tongue. It needs a little more body, but it's nice.

I'm happy with this and will have more, but it isn't my favorite so far this season.

4.75/5  rDev +57.8%