Shipyard Applehead | Shipyard Brewing Co.

Shipyard AppleheadShipyard Applehead
Liked This Beer
3.12 w/ 407 ratings
Shipyard AppleheadShipyard Applehead

Shipyard Brewing Co.
Maine, United States
shipyard.com

Style: Herbed / Spiced Beer

Shipyard Applehead is a crisp, refreshing wheat ale with a delightful apple aroma and subtle cinnamon flavor.

Added by stonermouse on 12-10-2011

2.5/5  rDev -19.9%

3.3/5  rDev +5.8%

1.5/5  rDev -51.9%

3.81/5  rDev +22.1%

Blueberry earlier, apple now. Why are people concerned about my health? I am getting more than my fair share of fruit!

Another f**king screw-top! I am wasting my mad cap-popping skills on these things. This makes Woody angry, and much like the incredible Hulk, when I get angry, I become even stronger! Inverted pour from a bottle?!? That is indicative of just how angry it made me. The two-plus fingers of ecru foam popped and fizzed like I had poured myself a glass of pop. Color was a deep, golden yellow (SRM = > 5, < 7) with NE-plus quality clarity, allowing me to see into the future. My reverie was interrupted by the Unholy Trio of Mammon, Midas and Croesus, all of whom wanted a taste. I took a deep sniff and the apple odor was so prevalent that I thought of Golden Delicious and when I said this, they ripped the glass from my hands and began chugging it in earnest! Too much gelt for me, so I opened another for myself. Mouthfeel was thin and watery, but the taste was like apple pie! Apples, certainly, but underlain with (at least) cinnamon. Wild and completely unexpected! The finish was dry, mostly because of the spice, but this was a very pleasant drink on a hot summer's day. I would recommend this on a seasonal basis, like right now.

3.5/5  rDev +12.2%

Shipyard Applehead from Shipyard Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 18.9% out of 100 with 407 ratings