Oregon Golden Ale | Issaquah Brewhouse

Issaquah Brewhouse
Washington, United States
rogue.com

Style: American Blonde Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by xoqx on 10-15-2006

Reviews by xoqx:
3.6/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

I found nearly all aspects of this beer better than average, but not quite good. The color is clear, rich golden with a nearly white head exhibiting moderate retention and gothic wisps of lace. The smell shows of malts, but there are some yeasts out in front that are somewhat hard to smell past. It smells lighter and bocky in its yeastiness. This is a fresh malty beer, with a lot of what I like about young worty malts. This tastes like the smell of brewing wort, which I love. It is balanced, but the hops play second fiddle to the bright malts. I don’t like the finish much here, which I feel is not so much a finish as an aftertaste, and it seems focused on the yeast. This beer, had it a more interesting hop profile and less yeast stepping out in front could be a decent session beer.

Oregon Golden Ale from Issaquah Brewhouse