Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Terror | Snipes Mountain Microbrewery & Restaurant

Reviews by jmccraney:
2.5/5  rDev -26.7%

2.75/5  rDev -19.4%

3.8/5  rDev +11.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

I had this beer on-tap at WABL Belgianfest 2013 in a snifter taster glass.

Appearance: completely, entirely black with no light let through. Head is dark in hue but minimal, excusable in this environment. Love the complete and utter blackness, though.

Smell: very roasty aroma which has a little bit of chocolate and not a whole lot of coffee. There's a little bit of acidic tartness as well, but in general the aroma is quite smooth indeed. I like it.

Taste: quite tart and acidic, not as smooth and chocolatey as the aroma might suggest. This beer is decent, but not as good as I wanted it to be. After a few sips, the astringency is starting to annoy me.

Mouthfeel: I think this beer is a bit over-attenuated. Body is very light for the style and is not particularly creamy; it's a bit watery for my taste.

Overall: the over-attenuation and astringency just do not work for this beer. The look and aroma really set me up for something special, but it kind of fell apart after that.

3.75/5  rDev +10%