Sierra Nevada Harvest Single Hop IPA - 291 Varietal | Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

Sierra Nevada Harvest Single Hop IPA - 291 VarietalSierra Nevada Harvest Single Hop IPA - 291 Varietal

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
sierranevada.com

3.75/5  rDev -2.3%

2.92/5  rDev -24%

3.75/5  rDev -2.3%

3.5/5  rDev -8.9%

03/23/14 From bottle. I've been looking forward to these single hop brews. As someone that avoids overly hoppy beers, I'm interested in finding out which ones I like, what methods I like (wet or dry hopping), etc.

This is clearly labeled as a "100 day IPA". That's cool. But I had to get out the monocle & move into the sunlight to see if there was a date on it. 02/04/14 I think.

Must be correct as this definitely has freshness all over it. Pours kind of foamy. Settles into a seriously thick head & keeps up the effervescence as the flavor settles into a medium hoppy taste. Slight citrus. This is as high up the hop scale I get with comfort.

Didn't get the distinction of taste I was hoping for to characterize the yet to be named new breed Yakima #291 hop. Glad I tried it but I'm still looking.

Sierra Nevada Harvest Single Hop IPA - 291 Varietal from Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.