Peppy Rye-Biscus | Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

3.49/5
Okay

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
sierranevada.com

Style: Saison / Farmhouse Ale

Added by gillagorilla on 07-18-2014

Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

3.5/5  rDev +0.3%

3.95/5  rDev +13.2%

I had this beer on-tap in a pint glass at Special Brews in Lynnwood, WA.

Appearance: medium orange hue with a light haze and a moderate effervescence. Minimal head, but otherwise nice.

Smell: a subtle, grassy funk. Classic saison, if a little low in intensity.

Taste: lightly sweet with a bit of a flowery taste and a nice, funky, grassy saison character. The rye, peppercorns and hibiscus are all subtle enough to be indistinguishable, although they no doubt contribute to the lightly spicy funk. Subtle, balanced and tasty.

Mouthfeel: medium body with a nicely well-integrated carbonation and a nice creaminess indeed. I like it.

Overall: I like a sub-6% saison. It's flavorful and drinkable, and I feel like I could quaff this all day.

3.52/5  rDev +0.9%

Peppy Rye-Biscus from Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.