Nooner Pilsner | Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

Nooner PilsnerNooner Pilsner
Liked This Beer
3.8 w/ 1,569 ratings
Nooner PilsnerNooner Pilsner

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
sierranevada.com

Style: German Pilsener

Nooner is our take on the classic German-style pilsner—one of the original session beers. Nooner is easy drinking yet packed with the big flavor of spicy and floral whole-cone hops.

Added by Patches826 on 11-04-2014

Liked:
3.8/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 1,569 |  Reviews: 350
1.22/5  rDev -67.9%

1.64/5  rDev -56.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 1 | taste: 1 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.25

What are you doing?!?!?! This tastes like Carlsberg

1.65/5  rDev -56.6%

1.88/5  rDev -50.5%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

Was looking forward to this one and I'm greatly unimpressed!
Reminds me of Budweiser or Miller Light! (It is a German style pilsner though, as advertised. Just didn't think I'd hate it as much as I do)

1.9/5  rDev -50%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

I thought this was awful, taste like natural light (Which I would of rather of had)

2.01/5  rDev -47.1%

Very very very very light.

2.2/5  rDev -42.1%

Not a big fan of how it ends but I tend to feel this way about floral beers...

2.28/5  rDev -40%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

Appearance: Didn't even produce a finger of head and it did not lace or retain. The body is a clear brassy colour with ample carbonation.

Smell: I whiff of wet hops and that is it. Warming doesn't help its case either. Far too absent for my liking.

Taste: Starts with some rough straw malt that then struggles against a heavy hit of grassy hops and ending with a dry sandy hit of earthy hops. Not crisp at all.

Mouthfeel: Points get deducted for the complete lack of head. The carbonation only accents the bitter end of the beer which lends to a very rough ride. The aftertaste is grassy hops with a oily film

Drinkability: The dry end really hampers my desire to drink it and then oily film ruins any attempt at pallate cleansing crispness. It's not easy to drink and it's only saving grace is it is light bodied.

Final Thoughts: This is my first Sierra Nevada beer, and to be honest I'm shocked at how well this brewery is regarded, because this was a big disappointment. I guess you can't judge a beer by one offering, but this was not one that I can recomend.

2.31/5  rDev -39.2%

Its all hops... Not a pilsner

2.33/5  rDev -38.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

2.4/5  rDev -36.8%

Sierra Nevada's answer to Miller Lite? I was immensely disappointed with this beer, especially since Sierra Nevada usually goes above and beyond my expectations.

This beer is better than Miller Lite, of course, but it doesn't offer much more than a cleaner and crisper version of that classic American pilsner. I bet it will make them some money though.

2.41/5  rDev -36.6%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

Would I Buy it Again: No. I did not enjoy this beer. It came across lacking flavor even if it is a traditional style pilsner. It was flat and watery in my mouth and uninspiring (it wasn’t a spoiled bottle either). There is some carbonation but it dies quickly. It a medium bodied pilsner that did not hold up well when drinking. I did let it sit for a while to open up and see if the taste or smell improved, it didn’t. I didn’t finish the bottle.
Head: Short lived, white, bubbly head with no lace.
Appearance: Crystal clear golden yellow with plenty of bubbles looks good but ends up looking flat and dead in the glass after sitting a few minutes
Smell: Very little smell with nothing remarkable hitting my nose.
Taste: Hints of spice are subtle and could be stronger to bring more flavor to the beer. Hops and malt exist. Medium body with a week structure as the beer drinks with a watery feel.
Finish: Little finish to speak of with this one. What flavor exists disappears quickly.

2.47/5  rDev -35%
look: 4.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

This is a glorified pbr. Come on guys.

2.54/5  rDev -33.2%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

2.58/5  rDev -32.1%

Didn't have really any head at all...smelled not good. skunky almost maybe this bottle was shipped poorly? Taste was very bitter to me. Almost IPA bitter. Not very good won't buy again.

2.61/5  rDev -31.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.5

Tastes like it was brewed with an adjunct, cutting the malt. Does not taste at all like any german pilsener I've had - a bit corn-y, without much malt or hop flavor. I love pilsners, but this tastes more like a light american lager/AAL.

2.63/5  rDev -30.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Meh. Just tastes like a more full bodied version of the stuff I drank in college.

2.64/5  rDev -30.5%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Meh

2.65/5  rDev -30.3%

2.71/5  rDev -28.7%

Tasted great! Really liked. Will buy again.

look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Nooner Pilsner from Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 64.9% out of 100 with 1,569 ratings