Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale | Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

Sierra Nevada Celebration AleSierra Nevada Celebration Ale

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
sierranevada.com

Style: American IPA

Fresh Hop Ale; no spices.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 11-02-2001

Ratings: 10,220 |  Reviews: 3,467

1.52/5  rDev -63.4%

I cannot believe that I differ so much from most others that are reviewing this beer. I picked up a six pack at a Food Lion because i was in the mood for a nice holiday winter beer. I had not actually tried anything yet by Sierra Nevada and this looked like it might be interesting to try.

It poured nice. I large head and good color. But once I smelled it I knew this was probably not going to be a ale for me. Once I tasted it I was very disappointed. This has a very bitter taste. It is almost like drinking burnt rubber.

There is no way I will every get this beer again. As far as for my own taste buds this was just horrible.

1.6/5  rDev -61.4%

1.69/5  rDev -59.3%
look: 3 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

I just cannot drink this beer. Beer? It seems more like a spiced cider or something - which seems appropriate for the holidays, but still something that I cannot drink. I 've tried twice but there will not be a third try. It is readily available during the holidays.

It's not the worst beer I've ever had - I think that was in Valdez, AK.
Some "Buzzard" brew I think. Thus I did not give this one the lowest scores for taste/smell/drinkability.

1.88/5  rDev -54.7%

Didn't really care for this one

1.96/5  rDev -52.8%

1.96/5  rDev -52.8%

1.97/5  rDev -52.5%

A- Dark coppery color with a coppery white sticky head that fades to a low layer but sticks around. Looks good but a little bit dark for an IPA.

S- Big grassy pine with a little fruitiness. Not very pleasant.

T- Super strong bitter pine flavor. There's also a little light malt and spicy character. Never had a "fresh hop" beer before but I don't like this one.

M- Dry and high in carbonation. Pretty standard for an IPA but with this flavor it just fills my whole mouth in a way I don't like.

D- Bleh. Don't want any more. A one dimensional IPA with that dimension being one I don't like. Made my stomach hurt too, won't be coming back to this one.

Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale from Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.