Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale | Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

Sierra Nevada Celebration AleSierra Nevada Celebration Ale

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
sierranevada.com

Style: American IPA

Fresh Hop Ale; no spices.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 11-02-2001

Ratings: 10,228 |  Reviews: 3,468
3.86/5  rDev -7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

Beautiful amber color, almost more like a red IPA with a nice frothy, eggshell colored head. Citrus and pine in the nose, with the taste to follow. I was expecting something more suited to the season, but this just tastes like your typical, albeit amazing example of your everyday west coast IPA. Balanced approach of sweet malts and bitter hops, with a silky smooth mouthfeel. Nothing mind-blowing like the hype led me to believe, but an overall excellent example of the style nonetheless.

3.83/5  rDev -7.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

3.98/5  rDev -4.1%

4.5/5  rDev +8.4%

4.06/5  rDev -2.2%

4.38/5  rDev +5.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Celebration 2016

Look - Pours a hazy, deep gold colour with a 3 1/2 finger off-white/gold head. Good retention.

Smell - Malt and orange zest stand out from the beginning with a suggestion of potential spice and an inviting freshness

Taste - Now, I'm not a huge IPA fan, but I can tell this is a good one. Sweet malt balanced by a bitter hop. That being said, there's a bright orange peel taste to the bitterness and a green, grassy, herbaceous flavour behind it all.

Feel - I wasn't expecting much fullness until I saw the colour and, again, I am not let down. There's a bready fullness to it that coats your tongue with a thick layer. This is a better mouthfeel than I've seen in many darker beers.

Overall - I was hoping for something special and I was not let down. I wish this was more available than only on Christmas.

4.26/5  rDev +2.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Dark amber, no head with very little/no lacing. Nose is strong pine. Taste is balanced with a lingering notes of tropical hop and malt.

4.25/5  rDev +2.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

4.28/5  rDev +3.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Balance of piney hops and caramel malt. Great winter beer. Will definitely go for more.

4.2/5  rDev +1.2%

4.34/5  rDev +4.6%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.5/5  rDev +8.4%

4.33/5  rDev +4.3%

My most anticipated season brew. This beer defines IPA for me. 12oz bottle poured into a Sierra Nevada pint glass. Hoppy, balanced, and bitter. Yummy. In my top 10.

3.97/5  rDev -4.3%

4.59/5  rDev +10.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

L - light brown/amber with a nice light tan head that sticks around - nice amount of lacing.
S - citrus, pine, malt
T- citrus and pine mixed with a smooth and sweet malt backbone - finishes with a nice hop bite. Very clean and pure tasting.
F - full body with medium carbonation - very smooth
O - A very solid winter IPA. Nice citrus and pine notes with a malt backbone.

3.59/5  rDev -13.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.58/5  rDev -13.7%

I bought a 6-pack of this in Trader Joes in Bellingham. It was a month before Christmas and I wanted some US beers for the festive season so I was sold on this beer's snowy label. As a result, I was expecting a spicey, sweet ale but it's not. To that extent, I was initially disappointed when I tried it one evening with other winter beers but, take Christmas out of the equation and this is an amazing beer.

Firstly, that head lasts forever and I love constant lacing on the glass u till the last mouthful. It's darker than most IPAs and that's the only element that fits Christmas.

I found the aroma lacking but I've been suffering from a nagging cold so it's perhaps that.

The taste is full and the mouthfeel is great. The bitterness really hits you in the finish but you expect that with a fresh hopped IPA.

Bottom line; this is a great great beer regardless of the time of year. I may keep one to see how it ages; whether the bitterness fails over time or the caramel notes improve.....: who knows.

Definately worth a try.

4.77/5  rDev +14.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

This will please your tastebuds to no end. .. at least, that is my opinion . The look is rather pleasing as well. Although I am new to this site I am thinking the bottle is incorporated into the "Look" score? Oh well.

3.77/5  rDev -9.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

Simply outstanding in every category.

3.63/5  rDev -12.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

3.86/5  rDev -7%
look: 5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale from Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.