Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale | Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

Sierra Nevada Celebration AleSierra Nevada Celebration Ale

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
sierranevada.com

Style: American IPA

Fresh Hop Ale; no spices.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 11-02-2001

Ratings: 10,224 |  Reviews: 3,467
3.75/5  rDev -9.6%

4.33/5  rDev +4.3%

Bottle poured into a pint glass. My first time having this one, I love Sierra Nevada and I have high hopes.

A: Pours with a big off white head which turns into a 1/4 of nice bubbles. Golden amber body, great carbonation Lacing on the glass. This is a sexy brew so far.

S: Hop forward smell. Citrus and earthy, floral and pine aroma. A bit of sweet bread and tiny bit of booze.

T: On the bitterness scale this is not off the hook, it's quite balanced and that's why I love it. Good malt backbone. Your getting the sweet pale and cara malts and then the rich citrus and hop bite. Not tasting alcohol.

M: Medium body, well carbonated and very smooth. Not sticky. Bitterness is present, it hits, covers up the booze and stays on the palate. I drank this one pretty fast, wish I had more to get saucy on.

O: This beer is great. Drinkable and full of flavor at a good price. I'm a hophead but I lean towards the more balanced IPAs and DIPAs and this is one of those. Think I'll get a six pack.

3.62/5  rDev -12.8%

A - Deep amber/red color with a 3-finger white head.

S - Aroma is citrus with a little pine. Has almost a grassy hop aroma.

T - Taste is sweet, bready malt and a piney hop flavor.

M - Mouthfeel is average.

O - Overall, I would say this one of my least favorite IPA’s. A little to much bitterness for the amount of hop flavor and aroma. It also has a lingering piney bitterness that I feel could be better supported by more flavor and aroma hops or more of a malt backbone.

3.75/5  rDev -9.6%

4.25/5  rDev +2.4%

4.18/5  rDev +0.7%

Poured into a pint
A: Moderate pour yields 1.25 finger of tight orange-tan head with great retention. Clear copper liquid has maybe the slightest haze to it.
S: Caramel, toasted marshmallow, orange/creamsicle, citrus hops. Juicy and sweet, slight esters. Solid and multi-dimensional
T: Hops bite in the finish and the start. Piney and grapefruit hop character. Some savory-ness. Alstroms say tobacco - I kind of get that. So solid. A bit maltier and more caramelized than I like my AIPAs, but not over the top. Good for the season.
M: Bitter through and through. Almost chewy. Almost punishingly bitter in the late finish.
O: Glad to keep buying 6 of these each year! I'll have another! Not the best AIPA, but a great beer.

4.33/5  rDev +4.3%

Poured chilled in large ale glass.

A: brownish orange color; one-finger head, strong carb action; good lacing
S: sweet, luscious hop aroma; grass; very appealing
T: strong hop profile; the fresh hops are very detectable; one might be fooled in thinking this is a green beer; medium sweetness; very savory

The label implies something like a winter warmer, but it's really a nice, acerbic hop bomb. I'm buying a case!

4.02/5  rDev -3.1%

2012 bottle.

A - Orange\amber pour with a beige foam that laces the glass well. Foam pours high and settles fast.

S - Fresh pine, graprefruit, and bitter hops. This is a classic west coast amber that almost makes theleap into an IPA.

T - Tangy citrus fruits is the first flavor that stand out. There are some notes of spice before settling in with some strong bitter notes.

M - Balance on this is incredible and manages to temper the hop profile with some good old west coast malt. This is a joy to drink and while the flavor profile is storn it just seems to be mellow enough to enjoy.

O - Not sure if I'd pick this as my first choice for a Chirstmas beer. However this is a well made beer that I'd like to get more often.

4.08/5  rDev -1.7%

Waited a year to try this one as I saw it last season but didn't get a chance to try it. Poured a finger head with an amber color. Good lacing on the glass. Smelled mostly malty with slight hops. The tongue begins with a hint of malts then moves into centennial hops which is fine with me. A nice bitter/grapefruit finish. Has an average mouthfeel which is good for the style. Overall it was worth the wait and an interesting IPA.

3.5/5  rDev -15.7%

Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale from Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.