Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale | Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

Sierra Nevada Celebration AleSierra Nevada Celebration Ale

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
sierranevada.com

Style: American IPA

Fresh Hop Ale; no spices.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 11-02-2001

Ratings: 10,221 |  Reviews: 3,467

4.17/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

4.25/5  rDev +2.4%

4.25/5  rDev +2.4%

3.97/5  rDev -4.3%

Reviewed both a 2015 and 2016 bottle. Found a few 15s in the back of Grandma's beer fridge that I brought last year. They held up well. It's taken on a sweet malt and fruity quality. The 16 has that classic pungent pine bite. Building bitterness that coats the mouth. Underlying peach and orange rind. Good stuff.

4.5/5  rDev +8.4%

3.75/5  rDev -9.6%

4.43/5  rDev +6.7%

Dark amber with a nice head and lacing. Smells Hoppy but not grabbing my attention. Its surprisingly malty up front but soon turns over to the hops. Taste of citrus, pine, mint. Sweetness and spice, bitter throughout A medium body, and pleasant alcohol warmth. I Finally have a favorite holiday beer. December is going to see its fair amount of Celebration.

4.68/5  rDev +12.8%

2012 Celebration Ale... my first try of this hyped beer.

Appearance: It's a nice darker amber that lets just enough light through to see how cloudy it is. Surprisingly little head on this, with a moderate pour. The next one will get poured more aggressively... Lacing on this one is thick and refuses to disappear.

Smell: Sharp, citrusy, piney hops. Nice.

Taste: I think I've died. This must be the afterlife. As echoed by many others here, this one isn't very balanced, but great nonetheless. The hops cut through everything else, but a spicy maltiness is present as well as some grapefruit citrus. Adult candy.

Mouthfeel: Medium-heavy body with a smoothness that's top-notch.

Overall: Wow... I've seen this beer hyped in the forum so I had to try it. No disappointment here. It might be in my top three favorites now. I'll have to see how I feel after the next five of them. My guess is fantastic. (Note: I am a hophead. If you are not, you won't like it as much.) Getcha some!

3.78/5  rDev -8.9%

Amber, cloudy, gorgeous. Nice creamy head--at first about two fingers but diminishing to a quarter inch. Lacing rings the glass. Poured into a mason jar. Smells of pine and citrus. Very refreshing and, well, celebratory. Excellent mouthfeel. A little oily, hoppy, and some malt--an excellent balance. Wonderful. A bite, too, but a pleasant bite. When I went to the beer distributor he bragged about having several cases. I'm glad because I mean to go back.

4.5/5  rDev +8.4%

4.75/5  rDev +14.5%

2.75/5  rDev -33.7%

3.88/5  rDev -6.5%

Well, it's that time of year again... Time to celebrate!
I get this beer every year in time for the holidays, and this year is no exception. I got my 6 pack with the seasonal artwork showing a nice cabin in the mountains covered in snow. Then I walked outside into the nice 70 degree December weather.
My house isn't covered in snow, but I like hops any time of year, and this one has "fresh" hops. That's pretty much all I taste. Piney hops with a pretty bitter aftertaste to get you in the mood for time around the Christmas tree. Hopefully I have been a good boy and will see lots of beer under the tree!

Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale from Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.