Celebration Fresh Hop IPA | Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

Celebration Fresh Hop IPACelebration Fresh Hop IPA
4.15/5
Exceptional
Celebration Fresh Hop IPACelebration Fresh Hop IPA

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
sierranevada.com

Style: American IPA

Fresh Hop Ale; no spices.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 11-02-2001

Ratings: 10,411 |  Reviews: 3,522

3.37/5  rDev -18.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

This is definitely my favorite batch of SN's Celebration brews. I believe this is the first year that they have fresh-hopped and I think they did a decent job considering the quantity they put out.

A - Beautiful amber color, decent head and good lacing.

S - Not sure if it's just my nose tonight, or the fact that I'm using a pint glass, but I'm having real issues getting a good wiff. Some notes of Cascade and Centennial still coming through though.

T - Strong West-Coast style hoppiness coming through. A bit boozy on the backend however, especially for only being 6.8%

M - Smooth medium body.

O - Nothing to write home about, but still my favorite beer from SN.

3.92/5  rDev -5.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

12-21-11 — L: 4 | S: 3.75 | T: 4 | F: 4.5 | O: 4

12-21-17 — L: 4.25 | S: 3.5 | T: 4 | F: 4.25 | O: 4

4.25/5  rDev +2.4%

4.75/5  rDev +14.5%

3.88/5  rDev -6.5%

pours a dark orange color with a small and short lasting head

Excellent aromas, but slightly muted, of malts, caramel, blood oranges and some hops as well.

medium/full bodied with a very good feel. The flavors aren't as muted with flavors of malts, blood oranges and some spices as well

A very good IPA. Certainly not overly hoppy and I was expecting more of a resiny quality. Far from an indictment though as this was very enjoyable and I liked the more malty side to it

3.53/5  rDev -14.9%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

This is a good beer. Not exceptional is the least bit but enjoyable. Very hoppy with a good clean finish. About a 1.5 inch head. Citrus and pine notes. Reminds me of Bells Two Hearted but not nearly as good. Worth purchasing for some type of Holday celebration.

4.2/5  rDev +1.2%

Apperance: Burnt Orange color with a fluffy head that left a medium lacing through out the beer. Clarity was mild but about average for this style of beer.
Smell: Strong Hops with mild citrus
Taste:Dry and bitter. Reminds me of a basic IPA with a little more bitterness and a little less citrus then a normal IPA.
Mouthfeel: Standard IPA
Overall: Good beer, I enjoied this one alot more then I thought I would. If you like IPA's, this one is for you!

1.97/5  rDev -52.5%

A- Dark coppery color with a coppery white sticky head that fades to a low layer but sticks around. Looks good but a little bit dark for an IPA.

S- Big grassy pine with a little fruitiness. Not very pleasant.

T- Super strong bitter pine flavor. There's also a little light malt and spicy character. Never had a "fresh hop" beer before but I don't like this one.

M- Dry and high in carbonation. Pretty standard for an IPA but with this flavor it just fills my whole mouth in a way I don't like.

D- Bleh. Don't want any more. A one dimensional IPA with that dimension being one I don't like. Made my stomach hurt too, won't be coming back to this one.

4.85/5  rDev +16.9%

This is my first review of this beer, but I have had several of them this winter season. They are too good.

Pours a hazy amber color that is not really transparent. The hops only have a slight citrus flavor to them, but they are well-balanced in the beer. The bottle says that this is a fresh hop beer. I get that taste from it, though I have no idea what that means. This is easily one of the best IPAs I have ever had, and it does not just fall into the obscurity of "pretty good" IPAs that I have had but could easily forget about it. After this beer goes off the shelves, it will be in the back of mind until next season when it is available again.

Celebration Fresh Hop IPA from Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 4.15 out of 5 with 10,411 ratings