Sierra Nevada Pale Ale | Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

Sierra Nevada Pale AleSierra Nevada Pale Ale

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
sierranevada.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Added by kbub6f on 07-05-2001

Ratings: 11,275 |  Reviews: 3,025
3.5/5  rDev -13.6%

3.5/5  rDev -13.6%

4.24/5  rDev +4.7%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

I decided to try this one since I had heard about it from some friends.

This one came from a bottle and when I poured it up in my favorite glass:

A: Pored with a nice head of about 2 fingers. Head retention was great and was an off white color. Lacing lasted a long time on the sides of the glass. Color was a deep amber color and it was clear, with no chill haze or sediment.

S: The smell had a very pronounced hops aroma which I find appealing. It was not overpowering but just begged for me to taste and see if the hops flavor would be pronounced also.

T: My first drink proved that the hop aroma was just a hint of what was to come, as the hops stood out. The carbonation left a little bite on the tongue and the hops left a bitter taste on the back of the tongue. Not too much bitter, but enough to balance the beer. I might detect citrus in there also. I am a novice beer taster so sorry I cant be detailed enough. Just know I liked the hoppy flavor.

M: I would call this a medium body beer as it did not feel watery, but did not feel thick either. Just a nice medium body feel on the tongue and mouth. Very nice.

3.75/5  rDev -7.4%

4.5/5  rDev +11.1%

I don't know what the hell you all expect in a beer but this little mofo just rocked me! This beer is my new favorite! I just had one bottle from a sample case of many that I received for my birthday and DAMN! I just found my new favorite! My old favorite was Newcastle but now I think I found my true love! I haven't checked the price of this beer yet, but I hope I can afford it! The head stayed moderate throughout the enjoyment of this beer. It smelled a little piney and woodsy and I didn't want to drink the last damn drop knowing that this is the only bottle I had of it. What a teaser! It's kinda like the first good piece of a@@ you ever got. You feel like you want to savor the flavor but get greedy and say screw it, I'm going all the way....It's like that! Dudes, if you haven't tried SN, try it! You won't regret it! My fridge will forever be stocked with Sierra Nev. until my next love comes along...

3.75/5  rDev -7.4%

3.91/5  rDev -3.5%

Bought a 12 pack of cans for this weekend's camping trip. Having one now though.

Canned August 5th, 2013. Exactly 1 month old.

A: Clear, light copper body. Big soapy head which is characteristic of SN beers.

S: Citrusy American hops, some sweet caramel malt.

T: Follows the nose nicely. Slightly bitter, lots of citrus from the hops and a nice bready malt that lingers around at the end. Great balance.

M: SN always nails this one. Good carbonation. For a pale ale, this is right where it needs to be.

O: Although eclipsed by many other beers, this remains a classic example of a west coast pale ale.

4.03/5  rDev -0.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale from Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.