Sierra Nevada Pale Ale | Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

Sierra Nevada Pale AleSierra Nevada Pale Ale
4.03/5
Exceptional
Sierra Nevada Pale AleSierra Nevada Pale Ale

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
sierranevada.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Added by kbub6f on 07-05-2001

firstprev| 11551-11575 | 11576-11600 | 11601-11625  | next → last
Ratings: 11,611 |  Reviews: 3,081
3.53/5  rDev -12.4%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Considering what I had heard/read about SNPA, I was a bit dissapointed by my glass of SNPA (on tap). Clear, medium copper color, with a small fine head. Bitter hoppy nose. Medium-rough on the tongue, with medium body, at best. I tasted lotsa hops, but more on the bitter side....not smooth enough for me. Was it even a bit citrusy, or sour? I could drink a few, but not as good as expected.... may have to try the bottle-version of this and re-review....we'll see...

overall: 3.6
appearance: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | mouthfeel: 3.5 | drinkability: 3.5

Like many others, I'm sure, this was the first Sierra Nevada I ever had, so there will always be a special place in my heart (and my fridge) for this fine brew. A great intro for those who are just getting into micros.

And by the way, this is one beer I recommend in a bottle rather than on tap.

4.82/5  rDev +19.6%

My steady bitter companion. Very consistent and reasonably priced for such a classic. I love the yeast sediment and floral hoppiness!

The gold standard for widely available American brews. This is the beer, after Sam Adams, that get many people to explore "better beers" and to educate the beer drinker as to what a hop is acutally supposed to be used for. Pours out to a nice, amber color in the glass with a decent head. Aroma is that of slight spice, malt and light hops. The malt to hop balance is incredible for a beer of this style and makes for a very tasty beer that isn't overhopped as many of the style are. Starts somewhat malty and finishes with a wondeful taste of hops. Sierra Nevada is an excellent brewer. The Pale Ale is a champ and a staple of my 'fridge.

4.76/5  rDev +18.1%

What is to say?!? The more I write the more I want to run to fridge to get another (just to make sure I am reviewing it properly). If you like ales, this is a fine one.

4.66/5  rDev +15.6%

Mildly sweet at start strong hops bitterness finish, enough malt keeps it creamy. Grapefruit-like aftertaste lingers, does not turn me off. Smells like the outdoors. I love seeing the sediment floating around in my glass.
Excellent brew.

4.76/5  rDev +18.1%

One of my favorite beers. I don't think it has lost anything years ago.

This is the beer that I keep on hand for those who aren't in to the more exotic. Clean, consistent and flavorful, with a significant hop bite to boot. And $12 per 12-pack won't break the bank.

3.9/5  rDev -3.2%

An American classic. Good fall back beer, or one to enjoy when a less complex brew is desired.

4.4/5  rDev +9.2%

Great hops in the "API" style.

4.3/5  rDev +6.7%

Maybe the best beer I've ever had out of a keg. no slouch from a bottle either, though. very nice.

firstprev| 11551-11575 | 11576-11600 | 11601-11625  | next → last
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale from Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 4.03 out of 5 with 11,611 ratings