Sierra Nevada Pale Ale | Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

Sierra Nevada Pale AleSierra Nevada Pale Ale

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
sierranevada.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Added by kbub6f on 07-05-2001

Ratings: 11,281 |  Reviews: 3,026
3.76/5  rDev -7.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

I have a love hate with this beer, as I do with Sierra Nevada as a company. They make some of my all time favorite top 3 beers (Ovila Golden Ale, and the other 2 Ovila's). This a great pale ale, hoppy, slight bitter, but I don't like the lingering bitterness. I have toured Sierra Nevada's Chico plant, and they put every other brewery I have been to to shame when it comes to facilities, and tours. Part of that is the lack of corporate bureaucracy, since it is still a private brewery, and hopefully will remain so forever. If anyone goes through Chico,CA I would highly recommend this tour. At the end of ours, we tried 10 beers in their tasting room, it was awesome. They have a great pubhouse to great food.

4.6/5  rDev +13.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

Any brewery can try as hard as they want. But this is THE pale ale. Unique and perfect. Perfect showcase of the classic American cascade hop as well.

2.75/5  rDev -32.1%

3.98/5  rDev -1.7%

This is my go to beer. I have six of them in my frig right now and will hopefully always. It has a mild flavor, not too overpowering and is perfect for any occasion. I prefer this beer in a bottle over tap or can.

This is my first review and will most likely be edited later.

3.87/5  rDev -4.4%

Well I've been drinking this one for a while but haven't reviewed it yet. The beer from a bottle is better. Perhaps it doesn't make sense; I've taken some time and I have come to the conclusion that the can is not as good. It is a staple in my beer refrigerator. Always a great price.

Poured from a 12 oz. bottle with a date code (my beer is four moths old) into a pint glass and I get one finger of head.

A: Pours a golden amber color with one finger of head that dissipates quickly to almost nothing but a ring around the glass on top. Little to no lacing.

S: Biscuit smell upfront that is sweet and malty and is followed by floral citrusy smell. There is really nothing that smells like pine or a resin pine smell. Very pleasing and balanced between the malt and the hop.

T: Caramel malt and hop bitterness that are not complex but completely balanced. It finishes slightly bitter.

M: This beer goes down good. It is slightly lighter than medium bodied with medium carbonation. It leaves my mouth slightly dry.

O: This is an outstanding beer. It's always available and I always have it in my refrigerator. It is very drinkable: smooth, balanced, and refreshing.

4.75/5  rDev +17.3%

4.5/5  rDev +11.1%

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale from Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.