Sierra Nevada Pale Ale | Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

Sierra Nevada Pale AleSierra Nevada Pale Ale
4.03/5
Exceptional
Sierra Nevada Pale AleSierra Nevada Pale Ale

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
sierranevada.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Added by kbub6f on 07-05-2001

Ratings: 11,405 |  Reviews: 3,045
4.25/5  rDev +5.5%

A-pours a clear golden/soft copper with a white head with decent retention that clings to the sides of the glass
S-pine, hint of caramel sweetness and a bit of biscuit
T-delicate balance between bitter piney hops and a sweet malt background that compliment each other very nicely
M-medium bodied
O-such a solid pale ale. one of my favorite session beers

3.23/5  rDev -19.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

This beer tastes okay. Nothing amazing about it. It's not too hoppy (a plus) and doesn't have a strong soapy taste like some IPAs I've tried.

I'd say it lacks interest for me though. The flavors I look forward to in a beer are not there. It's pretty one-dimensional and it's just okay in my opinion. I'd drink it if my only other party alternatives were soda or iced tea but I wouldn't seek it out either.

To be fair, there's nothing wrong with Sierra Nevada's Pale Ale. It's just not what I look for.

4.18/5  rDev +3.7%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

A 12 ounce bottle poured into a pint shaker glass.

Appearance - Golden color. Slightly hazy. Nice head but didn't stick around for long. Plenty of lace!

Smell - Citrus. Spicy. A touch of sweetness.

Taste - Citrus. Hoppy like a good IPA but there is difinatly a malt presence. Bold yet clean.

Mouth - Oily. Tingly. Very pleasant.

This beer is the gold standard of California IPAs. The balance between the hops and the malt is, for a California Pale Ale, perfect. The beer has just the right amount of citrus kick. As a Californian, I might be a bit biased but this is a world class beer.

4.75/5  rDev +17.9%

3.5/5  rDev -13.2%

4.44/5  rDev +10.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I've had this beer many times in my life, but now I am tasting it professionally as an amateur. It is an incredibly balanced beer. No wonder SN has had such success with it. I hope they put out better seasonal beers though. This one gets an 9/10 in my book.

3.25/5  rDev -19.4%

3.5/5  rDev -13.2%

4.5/5  rDev +11.7%

3.75/5  rDev -6.9%

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale from Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 4.03 out of 5 with 11,405 ratings