Sierra Nevada Pale Ale | Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

Sierra Nevada Pale AleSierra Nevada Pale Ale

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
sierranevada.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Added by kbub6f on 07-05-2001

Ratings: 11,275 |  Reviews: 3,025

If you like a beer balanced with hops and malt and one that has alot of taste characteristics and enough hops to keep you interested then you I guess you really want the very best of a session beer. This is an exceptional beer that should be exported to other nations so that they will know we are more than Anheuser Busch and Miller Coors and even more than Sam Adams.

This beer holds up to the best of them and actually is in the winner's circle of the best of them

I already reviewed this beer and my comments on the various components of the SNPA experience remain the same.

It seems like every time the subject of beer comes up I always go to SNPA as a year-round "can't miss" and I have repeatedly described it to anyone who would listen as "overall, the best beer in the world". Taking into account quality, price, consistency and availability - I still hold this statement to be true (given my limited experience).

Therefore, I think that this beer belongs in my very limited pantheon of "5's".

If one would like to split hairs, I would give it somewhat less than a 5 in every category except taste and drinkability but, as a man in love, I say to you - "I don't care, she's perfect!"

If I was stuck on an island and could only have one beer, this would be it!!!

Look: Poured from bottle into tulip glass. Orange gold, slightly cloudy
Smell: Citrus, piney hops
Taste. Very hop forward. The citrus and piney bitterness that I love about IPAs and pale ales, with a malty biscuity finish. Amazing
Feel: medium body, very drinkable.

Overall: this may be the perfect pale ale. I love the hop forwardness followed by the malty sweetness at the finish.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale from Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.