Sierra Nevada Pale Ale | Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

Sierra Nevada Pale AleSierra Nevada Pale Ale
Liked This Beer
4.03 w/ 11,320 ratings
Sierra Nevada Pale AleSierra Nevada Pale Ale

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
sierranevada.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Added by kbub6f on 07-05-2001

4.5/5  rDev +11.7%

3.96/5  rDev -1.7%

3.5/5  rDev -13.2%

4.75/5  rDev +17.9%

What a Gr8 Pale Ale...Just Amazing fresh flavors of Citrus,and nice Piney Notes,a stellar well crafted APA ,and @ a fantastic price point, 17 bucks a 12 pack! [eastern shore of Md] ,it is also a gr8 choice for those who perhaps want to venture into stronger APA's and IPA's down the road a bit...a gr8 stepping stone indeed~cheers!

4.04/5  rDev +0.2%

3.75/5  rDev -6.9%

I have had this beer a number of times. The first time I had it, I was not impressed. I drank it numerous times over the years and was still not impressed. In fact I held off buying Sierra Nevada products until earlier this year I was at a beer festival and tried a few others. I began being a fan and have since tried numerous offerings. This particular Pale Ale came out of the fall variety pack. You know, this beer still isn't spectacular, but it is better than I remember it being.

Smooth, hoppy, but not overly so, some pale ales have a tendency to be too malty, this one is well balanced. I think the key here is to get it as fresh as possible. Its a solid offering. Maybe its a good transition from all the bruiser summer IPA's I have consumed and the more malty fall/winter beers I tend to drink. I was bitching about them including this one in the fall mixed pack but I think it is a welcomed addition. Now, I hear the winter pack is also including it, although it would not be my ideal beer, as long as they are fresh I think I would be alright with it. Although I would still rather have something that is more of a transition beer from Fall to Winter.

Overall: This is one of the better Pale Ales out there and it is found virtually everywhere. I would certainly recommend this beer to those new to the craft brew scene.

4.44/5  rDev +10.2%

4.75/5  rDev +17.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

pretty damn good

4.2/5  rDev +4.2%

4.05/5  rDev +0.5%

3.5/5  rDev -13.2%

I like this better than Torpedo. Less bitter. Grainy. Medium to lighter in body. A bit thin. Bitterness is mild, with a good balance of hoppy aroma.

A classic? Maybe. If you revere a beer for its history to the craft movement then, sure. Flavor-wise, I'm underwhelmed and not likely to crave this any time soon--though, it's worth another try if nothing more interesting is on tap.I can see how in an earlier age if might have made waves; nice, but it's not rocking my boat.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale from Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 83.9% out of 100 with 11,320 ratings