Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA | Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPASierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA
4.15/5
Exceptional
Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPASierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
sierranevada.com

Style: American IPA

From the brewery ... Sierra Nevada Torpedo Ale is a big American IPA; bold, assertive and full of flavor and aromas highlighting the complex citrus, pine and herbal character of whole-cone American hops.

Added by GClarkage on 05-12-2006

2.2/5  rDev -47%

3.88/5  rDev -6.5%

3.5/5  rDev -15.7%

4.75/5  rDev +14.5%

An exceptional beer that is readily available in almost any location. This is simply a true go-to IPA with a hop punch that is exceptional. In the end, this brew is so good it's dangerous.

4.2/5  rDev +1.2%

4.3/5  rDev +3.6%

3.25/5  rDev -21.7%

4.12/5  rDev -0.7%

4.5/5  rDev +8.4%

3.36/5  rDev -19%

4.48/5  rDev +8%

Try as I might, I cannot find a beer I prefer to Torpedo.

I'm going to try and keep this succinct, because I could go on forever about my love for this ale. So here are the basic points:

This brew is strong, tastes like a hops orgy, and you can hardly notice the flavor of alcohol. Must I say more? Sure!

This beer is so hoppy that its aftertaste reminds me of Cannabis. By this I mean the hops content is downright skunky, but 110% inoffensive in nature. The flavor is akin to the smell of a large, fresh bag of medical ganja.

I am really amazed at the amount of hops they manage to pack into this fucker without ending up with a bitter, smoothie-like beer. Immensely hoppy as far as aromas and flavors are concerned; sometimes if I've been drinking it and engage in physical activity I can actually smell the hops aroma coming out of my pores.

Carbonation is perfect, bitterness is perfect, strength is a bit stronger than moderate. I can almost not get enough of this beer; after drinking it exclusively for a few months I've gotten mildly burnt out on the flavor, but I'm about ready to go back.

I really don't even know what else to say about this beer, aside from that it is probably my favorite beer I've ever tried and that if you haven't tried it, you ought to now. There are some brews I enjoy thoroughly which I don't really consider a necessity for existence, but this is NOT one of those brews.

***THIS IS A NECESSITY FOR EXISTENCE***. Swear to god. I almost wish nobody had turned me onto it so I wouldn't realize how good beer could really be. Enjoy guys

3.75/5  rDev -9.6%

Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA from Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 4.15 out of 5 with 11,061 ratings