Sierra Nevada Summerfest | Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

good
Sierra Nevada SummerfestSierra Nevada Summerfest

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
sierranevada.com

Style: Czech Pilsener

Availability: Summer

There's something about a warm summer day that calls out for a cold glass of great beer, and this classic Czech-style lager is sure to fit the bill. Crisp, golden and refreshing, Summerfest is the perfect choice for soaking up the sunshine. Summerfest is a Czech-style lager featuring a slight malt sweetness, a spicy hop flavor, and the crisp finish you want on a hot summer day.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 06-17-2001

Ratings: 4,219 |  Reviews: 1,606
1.73/5  rDev -53%

Budweiser clone. No head, that same peculiar twang with no hops flavor. Powerful aftertaste with that mediocrity of a macro beer. Very low drinkability with a straw yellow color vomited into the glass from the bottle. It doesn't get any better as the liquid disappears.

1.75/5  rDev -52.4%

1.75/5  rDev -52.4%

1.82/5  rDev -50.5%

12oz bottle purchased from Charles Street liquors in Boston. Pours light straw with little head or carbonation. Hardly any aroma. First taste fills the mouth nicely, but unfortunately not the throat. Goes down too easily without enough flavour. Little aftertaste. Not much to enjoy or offend. This one will be offered to non-beer-geek guests.

1.89/5  rDev -48.6%

This beer pours a crystal clear pale gold with a huge frothy white head on top. Excellent retention and great sticky lacing on the glass. So far so good. But wait a minute...

Smells slightly skunked. Aromas of grass and big time lemon zest waft out. Not too bad. I sort of expected this I guess. Now the mouthfeel...what in the world?! Water. That's what this feels like. I tall glass of water. This is so slick and wet I wonder if there's any carbonation left. A quick glance tells me that there is, as I notice a moderate amount of bubbles rising up. Hmm. Weird.

This is one of the worst lagers/pilsners I've ever had in respect to flavor. This is extremely watered down and weak. It tastes like lemon water, light on the lemon. I would drink any BMC lager over this one, if this is the true representation. I am sorely disappointed. I have enjoyed every other offering from SN, but this is an atrocity.

Avoid.

1.91/5  rDev -48.1%

perhaps it was just where i had this beer but it was disgusting. it tasted lile bud light with lemon. this was straight up awful and makes me want to hurl. there was little to no flavor and I saw almost now carbonation. The after taste was like urine and cake. I cannot exactly figure out what they were going for with this but I am thouroiughly disappointed. The absence of flavor saddened me because of SN's standard of quality but two of us ordered pints and were subject to this. I was told it is supposed to be better but I am not convinced

1.94/5  rDev -47.3%

Ok, let me start off by saying that this beer is not a Czech Pilsner. I have been to the Czech Rep. twice and have tried a number of beers there.... This is an adjunct. It tastes like a crappy American adjunct. I cannot understand how this has such high reviews...

Appearance is decent, light color with a nice head. Smells like adjunct grains with a tiny hint of hops. The taste was similar to any number of fizzy watered down adjunct beers. Just some grains added in there for flavour.

It was rather crisp tasting, perhaps that's because (after trying the first one) I decided to keep the last 5 as cold a possible. Fizzy and light mouth feel. I gave the last few away to some friends who don't really like good beer. Even they said it wasn't great.

SN is a great brewery, but stay the hell away from this one!

1.95/5  rDev -47%

What a bummer, I was so pumped to try this beer when I show it on the shelves at my local shop. Got it home and gave it go after it was chilled. I found myself asking if this was really a Sierra Nevada product. I understand the beer is supposed to be light and refreshing for the time of year but, This was really light and along the weak side for me. There really wasn't a whole lot of hops in this from what I could get from it. The Color was a light yellow and very clean looking. Thin head. I know the style of beer is supposed to be like this but I thought SN would have amped something up just a little to give it a bit more of a punch.

really boring, lack of flavor and any depth

Bottle poured into a pint glass

A: Has a fizzy head and is very light yellow, similar to most American lagers.

S: Has a malty aroma and some lemon citrus, but there’s not much else there.

T/M: Taste is extremely light and slightly bitter. There is some orange and bitter rind in there as well, but it’s overall very bland.

If you’re in the mood for something light and crisp in the summer time, you might as well buy any American adjunct in your local gas station. There’s not much else that sets this apart. But they still have a lot of other great beers.

Sierra Nevada Summerfest from Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.