Sierra Nevada Kellerweis Hefeweizen | Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

Sierra Nevada Kellerweis HefeweizenSierra Nevada Kellerweis Hefeweizen

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
sierranevada.com

Style: Hefeweizen

Added by ClockworkOrange on 03-12-2009

Ratings: 4,020 |  Reviews: 1,375

4.67/5  rDev +15%

Glass - Wheat Beer

A - Cloudy orange brew with moderate-high visible carbonation. It produced a 2-finger head that held nicely. A bit of splotches were left on my glass.

S - A fresh smelling, and well balanced blend of banana, orange, papaya and clove. Underneath the fresh fruity notes, I get soft wheat and mild graininess. A very inviting aroma.

T - Upfront I get lots of wheat and cracker like notes. As it rolls to the sides of my tongue I get a well balanced, fresh orange and banana fruit flavor. It finishes with mildly spicy fruit zests and clove. Bitterness is very mild but just enough to add balance.

M - Moderately crisp with a smooth and almost creamy feel to it. Medium-full bodied.

O - Wow, I'v seen this beer on the shelf for quite some time now, and I finally tried it, man is it damn good! I am so surprised by how balanced and flavorful this Hefeweizen is, it really reminds me of an authentic Hefeweizen from Germany. I love this brew, and can't wait to buy more. Cheers!

4.55/5  rDev +12.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.5

glass: wheat glass

a: sort of a mild tangerine or mango color with a hazy look and a white frothy head.

s: zesty, peppery and with bubblegum light dough.

t: orange rind, lemon rind, banana, pepper corns, clove.

m: light with medium-high carbonation.

o: great. Very sessionable and it has excellent flavor that doesn't induce pallete fatigue.

4.25/5  rDev +4.7%

4.33/5  rDev +6.7%

poured a hazy golden, small head that diminished quickly to a very thin collar.
smell is of banana and clove, very authentic aroma here.
taste is citrusy with banana and clove notes in the back, if someone had told me that this beer is German I would believe them! very authentic tasting hefeweizen..very good as well.
overall this is probably the best hefeweizen made on this side of the ocean that I have had...there may have been a couple of others, but this one stands up beautifully..I recommend!

4.25/5  rDev +4.7%

4.5/5  rDev +10.8%

Sierra Nevada Kellerweis Hefeweizen from Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.