Sierra Nevada Kellerweis Hefeweizen | Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

Sierra Nevada Kellerweis HefeweizenSierra Nevada Kellerweis Hefeweizen

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
sierranevada.com

Style: Hefeweizen

Added by ClockworkOrange on 03-12-2009

Ratings: 4,027 |  Reviews: 1,376

All I can say is wow, this is the best american made store purchased beer I have ever had. I have stayed clear of anything Sierra Nevada because their IPA is one of my least favorite beers.

After reading the reviews on this one I thought why not, it sounds really good. Really good is a huge understatement. This is the best American hefeweizen I have ever had. I want to apologize to Sierra Nevada for writing you off after only having your IPA.

This beer looks amazing in the glass.
-One important tip is to really swirl around the last 1/3rd or less before you finish pouring into the glass to get all the remnants in the bottom of the bottle. The first one I poured I missed a good amount of flavor because I did not get everything out of the bottom.

-This beer has more sedimentary yeast in the bottom than most beers and I highly recommend a proper hefeweizen glass and getting all the yeast out of the bottom of the bottle.

The taste of this beer is not strong, not weak, it is just perfect. Or as close to perfection of any american bottled beer I have ever had.

The finish to this beer is very clean and refreshing. I have had it room temperature, cold and in between and enjoyed it the same each way. I now choose this most of the time over my favorite German beers because it is way less expensive. Thanks Sierra Nevada for making such a good beer!

Cheers!

Shared at a homebrew club meeting. Thanks Terrence and crew.

A - Poured straw yellow, with a white 2-fingered head. Dissipates slow and leaves beautiful lacing.

S - Wheat, hay-grassiness, honey, and light noble hops. There is a slightly fruity ester of possibly apricots.

T - Holy crap, it's good. I needed to take a step back after trying this. The apricot esters took over and just enhanced the wheat and honey.

M - Well-balanced, full bodied. Just excellent.

D - One word: perfect. I can't think of any advice to give SN, it's perfect for the style of beer they were going for. Maybe the only advice would be to send me more.

Sierra Nevada Kellerweis Hefeweizen from Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.