Sierra Nevada Kellerweis Bavarian-style Wheat | Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

Sierra Nevada Kellerweis Bavarian-style WheatSierra Nevada Kellerweis Bavarian-style Wheat
4.05/5
Exceptional

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
sierranevada.com

Style: Hefeweizen

Added by ClockworkOrange on 03-12-2009

4.3

Ratings: 4,089 |  Reviews: 1,392

7/11/09, bottle>wheat glass

Drinkability/Summary = 5.0
"The best domestic Hefe I have poured down my throat to date. Somewhat of a banana bomb that goes down smooth and creamy. This was a welcomed surpise offering from Sierra, well done to the team out in Chico!"
I gave this one a 5 across the board due to it's fine rep of all categories for this style. Excellent price, and highly accessible as possibly my new go to hefe which I can find almost everywhere! Exceeded my expectations. Woot!

Appearance is a 5.0, golden cloudy honey/straw color, beautiful 3 finger head with excellent retention and lacing!
Smell is a 5.0 wiht just the right amount of banana aroma pushing it's way through some clove notes, but somehow not over done.
Taste is a 5.0, taste follows smell with some minor citrus whispers your name with a smooth creamy wheat malt backbone.
MF is a 5.0, medium body, high carbonation, smooth and creamy on palate.

On draft.
Hazy gold color.
Estery nose.
Wonderful yeasty, banana, and Clove notes.
Could drink this beer all day every day.

Easily one of my favorite Hefeweizen's that I've had. Takes a little more work to swirl the goodness that lays at the bottom of the bottle, but well worth the effort. Preferred with a wedge of lemon but I wouldn't avoid this if I was out of lemons! My go-to Hefe!

Bottle from Fountainhead Chicago.

I think I've found my new absolute favorite hefeweizen! The color was a cloudy yellow with significant white head. The quintessential hefe appearance. Smell was of banana, hints of spice, yeast/wheat. Again, quintessential hefe.

The taste is superb! This is almost a sweet tasting beer. The fruits and spice really come out. It's smooth and goes down ridiculously easy. A great session beer.

Overall, absolutely nothing I can find wrong with this beer. It was recommended to me and I'm glad it was! CLASSIC hefe brew here...if you are a fan of the style this is a MUST try.

There are not many times when I give a beer a perfect score, but this one TOTALLY deserves it, my goodness. Only a couple beer have made a perfect score in my book, and this is one of them indeed.

A-Pours in my big snifer, a beautiful, luscious hazy deep yellow color with a thick and creamy white head that has outstanding retention and gorgeous lacing.

S-And the aroma is no exception. It wofts notes of clove spiced green apples. Perfect for the style. Wow is all else I can say... As it warms, some very slight hints of bannana come through too.

T-The flavor is first of sweet wheaty, yeasty goodness, which is balanced by the very noticable, but perfect amount of hop bitterness. I think I might be getting some earthy hop flavor too, but that might just be the yeast characteristics. Pretty clovy in the flavor too. Which is per style. And again some hints of bannana underneath as it warms.

M-This has a full creamy body with a dry finish... Luscious indeed.

D-I could totally drink this all day and night at a barbaque or family reunion and such. This goes down so full body, yet smooth and lighter in abv so it's extremely sessionable. Very impressed with this one from SN. Another job well done, and year round too! man...

Sierra Nevada Kellerweis Bavarian-style Wheat from Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 4.05 out of 5 with 4,089 ratings