Northern Hemisphere Harvest Wet Hop IPA | Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

Northern Hemisphere Harvest Wet Hop IPANorthern Hemisphere Harvest Wet Hop IPA

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
sierranevada.com

Style: American IPA

Availability: Fall

Formerly Northern Hemisphere Harvest Wet Hop Ale

Added by jmatthew on 10-15-2001

Ratings: 3,636 |  Reviews: 1,518

I had a Harvest Ale on tap at the Sierra Nevada Brewery a few years ago, and begged them to bottle it. I was amazed and in hop heaven when I went to the web site and read that it would be available in bottles!

I bothered the beer specialist at my local liquor store a couple of times, and then ran in and bought as many as my hands could hold (4!).

Sierra Nevada's Celebration Ale has always been my most favorite beer. Now I have a new one-- Harvest Ale, with Celebration a very close 2nd!

I poured half of the beer into a Sierra Nevada pint glass (of course!), and watched as a beautiful, creamy head crested the top of the glass. There was a light layer of foam throughout drinking the brew, and it left a very light lace on the glass, as well.

Hops, hops, and more hops-- is this really just an American Pale Ale? If so, THIS is how an APA SHOULD taste. Crisp, hoppy, drinkable...a definite session beer.

Sure wish SN would bottle this full time instead of their regular Pale Ale. And yes, I went through those 4 bottles rather quickly, and just bought 4 more. A case purchase isn't far behind...hope there's some left!

Northern Hemisphere Harvest Wet Hop IPA from Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.