Brux Domesticated Wild Ale | Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

Brux Domesticated Wild AleBrux Domesticated Wild Ale
Liked This Beer
3.8 w/ 1,344 ratings
Brux Domesticated Wild AleBrux Domesticated Wild Ale

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
sierranevada.com

Style: American Wild Ale

Added by JohnGalt1 on 06-24-2012

Liked:
3.8/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 1,344 |  Reviews: 330

2.78/5  rDev -26.8%

I didn't much care for this when it was fresh and it is definitely less appealing to me now that it has time on it.

2.87/5  rDev -24.5%

For $14 per bottle, I was really expecting to be wowed by this. Did I miss something here?

In the cigar world, new cigars that sell for small money are commonly regarded as dog rockets. The mentality is, if the cigar is good, the price should reflect that, and if it is not, well, the price is a tacit admission of quality, etc.

Is the same happening in the beer world?

This is definitely drinkable, as it should be for $14 per 750 ml, but it does not seem extraordinary in any way. In fairness, my palate is a little compromised today, after drinking some IPA, but still... this comes across like a home-brew that got some Brett contamination, not like a bottle of $14 store beer.

2.93/5  rDev -22.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.75

Bought this as I'm a RR fan. Little did I know the letdown I was about to drink

Appearance was typical, golden with a whole lotta carbonation. What I would expect from a saison.

Smell is where this beer took it home. The smell on this beer gave me multiple orgasms. It smells like sexy hook ups and no regrets.

Taste.... I found the regrets... I found them hard. This beer literally tastes like a malty pile of my puppy's leftover. No funk, no sour, no anything other than a depressing taste of why the fuck did I buy this 15 dollar bottle of BS.

MF: over carbed. done.

Overall, this beer is pathetic. It's over priced and tastes like garbage for that price point. Pretty shocked that SN and RR couldn't come up with something more than a drain pour. Whatever, enjoy my review, Im so disgustingly over this beer

Brux Domesticated Wild Ale from Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 67.6% out of 100 with 1,344 ratings