Summertime Kristalweizen | Desert Edge Brewery

Utah, United States
desertedgebrewery.com

Style: Kristalweizen

Availability: Summer

A light, crisp, filtered wheat beer. Bitterness is low with mellow hop aroma.

Added by beernut7 on 08-24-2002

Liked:
2.83/5
Alströms:

3.17/5  rDev +12%

This is my second beer at Dessert Egde Brewery in SLC...its a summer seasonal...and my first Kristalweizen. I must say it is not too bad. The color is clear and yellow with white had that is lacing nicely. There is not much from the scent that I can smell...maybe some malt. The taste start with a lemony citrus which then turns to a spicy/grain finish. Grain clings to the pallet longer than I would prefer. Its a good summertime beer, but probably would be my first choice.

2.33/5  rDev -17.7%

This light brew is like the introduction of malted wheat into a pilsner lager. There is a definite noticeable hop presence. Something like Northern Brewer it tastes like. Very light and a bit watery. Not the best wheat I have tried by a long shot.

Summertime Kristalweizen from Desert Edge Brewery