Fallen Apple | Furthermore Beer

Style: Cream Ale

Added by Golden2wenty1 on 10-25-2006

2.36/5  rDev -28.3%

4.25/5  rDev +29.2%

On tap, pours with a small head. Great blend between cider and cream ale.

3.32/5  rDev +0.9%

Light body. Reminds me of Redds. Sweet caramel apple aroma. Pretty good tasting. Kind of tastes like Spotted Cow with apples. Slight banana flavors as well. Not up there with New Glarus Apple Ale, but would drink again.

3.36/5  rDev +2.1%

4.75/5  rDev +44.4%

3.14/5  rDev -4.6%

12oz bottle poured into a standard pint glass.

Pours a light/coppery yellow color with a light white head. Head dissolves quickly.

Not a terrible strong nose, but the apple scent certainly comes out. Very light and crisp.

A bit of an 'empty beer' as far as cream ale's go, but as a man who loves sour apples I enjoyed this beer. Nothing complex or groundbreaking about it, but a nice fall beer for those who like tart ales.

A crisp, dry beer that is well carbonated. Starts tart and finishes tart - apple lingers on the tongue through the finish.

A tasty little ale that I had higher hopes for. With that said, I would drink this again if it was served at a party but I don't think I would purchase for myself.

4.5/5  rDev +36.8%

2.23/5  rDev -32.2%

I had high hopes for this six-pack. Cream Ale sounded pleasant although I have scarcely had one before and being huge fan of a good cider I figured this would be a homerun. The flavor was just off-putting for my taste, the apple/cider was overly sweet and completely unbalanced with the ale which left a strange aftertaste. I ended up giving 4 of the 6 bottles to friends to try and they had similar feelings, however, we agreed this would be a great ingredient for beer-bread.

3.28/5  rDev -0.3%

Pours a slight, white head. Soft aroma of apples., but a malty biscuit aroma behind that. Golden color. Starts off tart and bright like a cider, then it transitions quickly into a rich malt finish after the tartness peaks. There is a slight hop flavor in the switching in this one.

Not bad at all. I like the apple upfront, and the malt back.

3.75/5  rDev +14%