Monkshine Belgian Style Blonde Ale | Uinta Brewing Company

Uinta Brewing Company
Utah, United States
uintabrewing.com

Style: Belgian Pale Ale

Belgian yeast and American grains provide the distinct character and flavors of this blonde ale.

Added by alexgash on 04-23-2005

4.68/5  rDev +31.1%

Distinctive taste with an attractive color and smell.

3.22/5  rDev -9.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

4.01/5  rDev +12.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

I'm a big fan of Belgian style beers and what I can say about this beer is that it tastes good but its missing the wow factor. It is light or liquid in its mouthfeel which just doesn't make it feel like an iconic Belgian beer but its delicious and so easy to drink. I think this is the PERFECT way to describe this beer... It is the evolution of BMC (Bud, Miller, Coors) beers. If you know someone who likes BMC beers I can't imagine that they could dislike this beer. I'd venture that this would be the best beer they ever drank. That might sound like a weird way to describe the beer but it reminds me of a light beer like (BMC) but with the outstanding flavor of a Belgian beer mixed together. So it is light and effervescent but also flavorful. It stands at a nice 6.8% alcohol too. This would be great in the summer time or warmer weather. I was able to get it for about $2.50 per bottle, which is just too much for what it is. If it was offered for $1.50 per bottle (in a six pack) I could see myself buying this beer at parties for groups of people since I know everyone could drink it. From beer snob to a BMC drinker. The more I drank it the more I liked it. The first sip I wasn't blown away, but by the end of it I felt like a monk gave me his blessing. :-)

3.93/5  rDev +10.1%

3.49/5  rDev -2.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

3.88/5  rDev +8.7%

3.25/5  rDev -9%

4.4/5  rDev +23.2%

3.61/5  rDev +1.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

A: Pours a golden yellow color with a fingers worth of head that fades down to a thin a cap after a few minutes

S: A bit of fruitiness and light spices along with a light wheat malt in the back. Not too much going on

T: Starts off with the fruitiness and some spices behind a yeasty profile. Some wheat comes in after, finishing with some light clove notes and a hint of spices

M: Light-medium bodied with moderate carbonation

O: A decent American-made BPA (organic, as well) that doesn't stand out at all but is still a solid drinker. Pick some up if you're into the whole organic thing or enjoy the rest of Uinta's brews

3.25/5  rDev -9%