Punk'n Harvest Pumpkin Ale

Gots
SCORE
Okay
Punk'n Harvest Pumpkin AlePunk'n Harvest Pumpkin Ale
Notes: This sessionable pumpkin ale is brewed with fresh pumpkin and seasonal spices.

Reviews: 291 | Ratings: 1,117 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
Reviews by Hockey_Fan:
3.75/5  rDev +10.3%

3.88/5  rDev +14.1%

This is maybe the 8th pumpkin beer I have had this season, Southern Tier and DFH being favorites. I see this getting a lot of bad reviews and I am inclined to disagree.
From the start the pour is standard into a Sam Adam's glass(I'm from Boston, what can I say) with an orange glow and a good lasting head if poured right. Proper lacing covers the glass as you drink. The smell is very authentic pumpkin, the same as when you cut open one to carve, and that's the best your going to get with my stuffy nose. Taste is very different that you might expect. I did not like this the first few mouthfuls, but after drinking the hole thing its a very real, maybe closest to real pumpkin without many spices added as any pumpkin beer this season. The taste is smooth, nothing sticks out to much besides the real pumpkin flavor. I would suggest folks buy this beer and drink it with the understanding that it is going to be different than most but in its own style it is a very good pumpkin beer. Would I buy again, YES. But I would not mix this with the other pumpkin beers seeing this one is very different. Not your typical review yes, but I'm not your typical person.

2.18/5  rDev -35.9%

With the weather cooling and a freshly deposited paycheck, I visited my local beer store today and picked up a wide variety of seasonal beers. I'd never seen or heard of this one, and I figured, what the hell?

Big mistake.

Appearance: This beer pours a decent orange-ish amber color. I couldn't generate much head, even with a fairly aggressive pour. What little head it did produce (about a half-finger) disappeared almost immediately.

Smell: I detect a faint pumpkin-ish aroma, and a hint of either nutmeg or cinammon. But it's too faint to pin down.

Taste: What a disappointment! Yeah, I can taste the pumpkin, but it tastes...a little bit burnt, maybe? And I mean that in a bad way; I love nice, toasty malts, but those just aren't there with this beer. The prevailing flavors are of VERY mild pumpkin, a nearly imperceptible hint of spice, and...soapy water. Not good.

Mouthfeel: VERY little carbonation, and an absurdly light body. It's almost a vaguely pumpkin-flavored tonic water, minus most of the bubbles. Except it's oddly slippery, with essentially no body or heft.

Drinkability: I wasted money on a six-pack I'd never heard of. I'm tempted not to finish the first one, and the other five will likely be foisted upon an unsuspecting acquaintance in the near future. I've had worse, but this one's not worth your time.

3.09/5  rDev -9.1%

From the 12 fl. oz. bottle. Sampled on September 26, 2013.

Handsome looking pour I will give it that. It was medium copper-amber with a lingering off-white foamy head and good carbonation.

The aroma was rather bland. Some pumpkin and some spice but it smelled like I was standing in a dying vegetable garden long past harvest season. Maybe that's how it was supposed to be.

The body was light to medium.

The taste had some biscuit character with squash or yam-like notes but nothing that jumped out at me. Kind of bland actually.

Served from the bottle into nonic glass

A- Poured a dark brownish orange color with soapy off-white head with huge bubbles that left splashy lace.

S- Very big nutmeg notes, ginger, pumpkin, bready, and caramel notes.

T- Lots of nutmeg, ginger, and pumpkin flavor with some caramel and bready notes.

M- Lighter bodied, prickly carbonation, somewhat watery finish but not bad for a 4% ABV ale with quite a bit of flavor.

O- This is a really solid pumpkin ale with the nice pumpkin spices you expect and a nice bready and caramel malt base.

3.72/5  rDev +9.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Poured from a 12 OZ bottle into a pint glass. The appearance is a clear light amber color. The head is small and white. The aroma is of light pumpkin and spice. The flavor is rather weak regarding pumpkin. I have had better from Unita.

3.25/5  rDev -4.4%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

1.75/5  rDev -48.5%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

3.34/5  rDev -1.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

3.01/5  rDev -11.5%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

2.69/5  rDev -20.9%

Banks to Amyliz4 for picking this bottle up.

Pours light copper win a thin off white head. Plenty of visible carbonation. A bit if lacing. Smell is really plain. Hint of spice and very mild pumpkin. A bit squashy and really light cinnamon. A bit vegetal. Feel is light and undercarbonated. Quite plain. Cool label and some nice lacing, but that's about all I can say in favor of this beer.

2.81/5  rDev -17.4%