Punk'n Harvest Pumpkin Ale | Uinta Brewing Company

Utah, United States
uintabrewing.com

Style: Pumpkin Ale

Availability: Fall

This sessionable pumpkin ale is brewed with fresh pumpkin and seasonal spices.

Added by Wasatch on 10-25-2006

Ratings: 1,107 |  Reviews: 287
3.32/5  rDev -1.5%

3.5/5  rDev +3.9%

Going to Utah next month and I wanted to start acquainting myself with the beehive state.

Copper color with a fair white head. Sticky and sturdy enough. Sweet compass bottles.
Pumpkin pie spice and actual earthy pumpkin aroma. Sufficient but not overpowering. Taste is the same mix of pumpkin pie space and gourd-y pumpkin.

I like that there’s actual pumpkin in here and not just a spice bomb andI really like the restraint Uinta exercised. It’s one of the few pumpkin beers I’d have more than one of in a sitting.

2.76/5  rDev -18.1%

3.25/5  rDev -3.6%

The label says Pumpkin Ale but I think this should be renamed as a "Spiced Fall Ale." Drinking this makes me feel like I should be outside on an overcast low 50 degree day among wind blow'n leaves. The color is a rich amber with slow dissipating head white head. Mouthfeel is moderate. Faint notes of pumpkin but more essence of general spices.

3.75/5  rDev +11.3%

I had this a few years back and thought it was pretty weak, but decided to pick it up again after seeing they've at least changed the recipe a little bit and brought it to a 5% abv per the info on their website. Looks the part of a pumpkin; orangy-red and maybe a slight haze, actually poured a pretty good head that lasted, well, not very long, but it was there. The nose smells of typical pumpkin-y spices like cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg. Tastes about the same, but this one does have a very slight but noticeable pumpkin flavor to it - I find a lot of others you just get spice and some unidentifiable funkiness to it which I presume is gourd, but here it's recognizable. The best way I can describe it is it tastes like the smell of when a candle starts to cook the lid of a jack o' lantern. The mouthfeel is also quite nice, silky and a little tart on the back end. I think the mouthfeel puts it above the average category and I do also like the fact that you can taste some real pumpkin in here. I've been trying more and more Uinta stuff and have been impressed by many of their offerings. I would easily pick this up again in between some of the bigger pumpkin ales.

3.56/5  rDev +5.6%

3.04/5  rDev -9.8%

3.56/5  rDev +5.6%

3.25/5  rDev -3.6%

Pours like a standard pumpkin ale, possibly a little darker. The aroma and flavor carries a sort of vegetative quality (probably from the pumpkin flesh addition) along with a mineral/carbonic character that I found to be distracting. The spice addition was quite restrained and leaned toward more herbal/bitter instead of malty and sweet.

3.2/5  rDev -5%