Oak Jacked Imperial Pumpkin Ale | Uinta Brewing Company

4.75/5  rDev +19.6%

4.71/5  rDev +18.6%
look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.68/5  rDev +17.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.67/5  rDev +17.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Amber to copper in color with moderate head and lacing. Smell is cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin, sugar, wood, and maybe vanilla. Taste is a boozy pumpkin pie with notes of vanilla, spice, and some bitters. Mouthful is a bit oily but light to medium with medium carbonation. Overall one of my favorite pumpkin beers.

4.6/5  rDev +15.9%

Color: is a dark amber to redish brown color. the aging in oak I believe it had an affacted.

Smell: a very nice pumpkin smell

Taste and Mouthfell: This beer you can taste the pumpkin and a light nutmegg after taste with pumpkin. This is very balance beer.

This is a very good beer and I wish there was some more on the shelves here in Chicago. This just became one of my favorite beers for pumpkin beers. Cheers!

4.59/5  rDev +15.6%
look: 5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

WOW ! Poured into a Sam Adams glass: deep pumpkin color, nice amber head.......tastes GREAT !!!

4.59/5  rDev +15.6%

I guess I should say that I am scoring this beer in comparison to all other pumpkin ales and not to my personal faves of all time; with that being said, this is probably my favorite pumpkin ale I've ever had, falling short from some homebrew I had last year (not my homebrew though).
A: Brown-ish orangy. poured with a heavy finger or two of head that settled out in a few min.
S: Spicy(nutmeg, cinnamon, clove), sweet pumpkin and oak/vanilla, this kinda reminded me of pie crust. So essentially I was smelling a boozy pumpkin pie- awesome.
T: A little bit thinner than I expected. I was almost expecting belgian yeast flavorsbut no. There was a little bit too much carbonation for me, which I think added to the levity of the beer. Do not be mistaken though, the beer is very big. Tastes like pumpkin pie to me, which is freakin' awesome.
M: See above.
O: A great beer, I am glad that I bought a few of them to age, I'd definetly like to have one next year, hopefully the carbonation will die down and the beer will evolve nicley.
O: I am glad that I bought a few of these

4.58/5  rDev +15.4%

Beautiful pour. A red tinged auburn with a sizable creamy beige head. Nice lacing. Fantastic spicey aroma - cloves, vanilla, eggnog, oven baked pie. Sweet tasting, with just a hint of bitterness to prevent it from becoming too cloying. Spieced sweet potato and marshmellows. Wow. This is really quite nice. Very smooth mouthfeel - creamy, velvety. Alcohol is warming, but oh so very well hidden. Overall, this is, bar none, the very best pumpkin beer I have ever had. Exceptional in style, and quite nice and well rounded as a whole. Highest recommendation for a Halloween treat.

4.53/5  rDev +14.1%

Pours a dark amber color with a creamy tan head that laces well. The aroma is a clean pumpkin smell. The taste is exactly what it should be, pumpkin and spice, not watery and not overpowering. A perfect balance of ingredients gives this a smooth, almost velvety mouthfeel and a taste that puts you in the season. Nice warming ABV but well hidden.

4.52/5  rDev +13.9%

Bottled on 08/29/12. Poured in to tulip.

A - Very dark amber colour; only slightly translucent. Two fingers of creamy tan coloured head. Good lacing.

S -A great mix of oak, sweet caramel malts and pumpkin with a big spice presence. Brown sugar and some bready malt aromas are present.

T - Very sweet without being cloying. A big brown sugar presence with dark caramel created a big sweet malt base. The oak presence is huge, adding woody character and some char. The pumpkin pie flavours show up as well, adding yet another layer to the complexity of this beer along with pumpkin, cinnamon, clove and nutmeg flavours. The ABV is slightly warming and perfectly cuts through the sweet malt presence. Very complex and very well done.

M - Medium, almost full body. Creamy and thick. Light carbonation. An absolutely perfect mouth feel.

4.52/5  rDev +13.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

The first thing I noticed was the scent you get from aging an ale in oak barrels - which generally correlates to a tasty beer. This was again the case - even flavors all around - the spices, the pumpkin and oak barrels. A dark brown color, with very little opacity. Feels nice - a perfect amount of carbonation with a very light head. It's late in the season, however, I can say this is my favorite pumpkin beer, especially at 10.31%. Snag it if you have the chance or try it next fall.

4.52/5  rDev +13.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Oak Jacked Imperial Pumpkin Ale from Uinta Brewing Company