Hop Nosh IPA | Uinta Brewing Company

Uinta Brewing Company
Utah, United States
uintabrewing.com

Style: American IPA

Bold and refreshing, this IPA combines an abundance of hops with a smooth malt profile.

Added by Beernoisseur on 10-04-2011

Ratings: 4,261 |  Reviews: 674

I can only rate this okay as the quality of this beer has drastically reduced to undrinkable. What was once me almost jacking off to the smell of this beautifully fruitful smell is now seeming like junk beer. I'm not a typical reviewer as you can tell, but I know my beers. I almost think that since the big guys hold most distribution to these small guys that they might have tampered with the product in rebuttal to the law, like keeping their beer in a 140 degree warehouse. Oh well, back to brewing my own alcohol, won't miss this ripoff economy driven beer, or any of them, not one bit.

I also advise any drinker to come back to non consumer society and grow something and make beer out of it. It's easy and pretty much anyone has an extra acre besides people in city paying 1000x more just to be crowded.

Oh and, for 10 dollars a 6 pack this is a super ripoff just like all of these "craft" brews. I'll make a whole barrel for zero. Have fun with your chemical petroleum hops, it's why most beer tastes like shit anymore.

Photo of

You had this beer. Write a review.

1.08/5  rDev -73.1%

1.75/5  rDev -56.5%

1.88/5  rDev -53.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2

Best Before 10/8/16.

Super hazy, a bold golden color with a tight 2 finger head. Classy.

Stale hop, citrus, and sticky, stenchy toffee. An extra half point for the fresh citrus...but otherwise it's everything I hate in an IPA aroma.

Flavor is pure arm pit. Not even onion. Just arm pit. Dull pine, stale hops, and again a hit of fresh citrus. A calm, nice malt base at the rear, but otherwise it's just a mess.

Feel is medium bodied, creamy, sticky. The toffee remains on the palate long after it should.

Overall, even though this is a month after the best by date, I've had IPA's fair much better just a month out of date. Uinta's hop nosh is total garbage, even the base malts. I'll be dumping this.

1.96/5  rDev -51.2%

1.99/5  rDev -50.5%

It's fascinating how one's palate can evolve after drinking several varieties of beers, in this case IPA's. I actually had this on tap at Brixx wood fired pizza two years ago. At the time I actually liked it, thought it was awesome. I even got more of it then.

I've moved on to many other different IPA's, and thought I'd revisit this after a couple of years. I hate it now!!!!

What the heck? It doesn't have the citrus notes of a world class IPA, the flavors are off. Bad after taste. Amazing. I got through a quarter of one and did a drain pour with the other 5.

As my palate has developed, I don't like it, and don't know how I ever liked it in the first place.
Everyone's palate changes and develops as they experience more brews, and it certainly has with this, but not in a good way.

2.04/5  rDev -49.3%

2.06/5  rDev -48.8%

2.13/5  rDev -47%

2.25/5  rDev -44%

2.26/5  rDev -43.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2

Tastes cheap to me. Sorry. Some coriander taste. Malty. The after taste is unpleasant to me. It does not taste like an IPA to me. IPA tastes like citrus, piney, resin, rich, bitter, refreshing. This stuff is distinctive that it does not taste good. You could not pay me to drink this again. for $1.00 more I could have a Lagunitas IPA, Stone IPA, Odell, New Belgium.

2.46/5  rDev -38.8%

I agree with priceisalright's March 15th review. Hop Nosh used to be delicious, and this last purchase (3/20) was terrible. The beer was bitter and had an incredibly strong and unpleasant aftertaste for this IPA lover. My favorite beer is Ballast Point Sculpin, with Founder's Centennial, Stone IPA, and Ithaca Flower Power frontrunners as well. I originally felt Hop Nosh was outstanding back when it went under the name Hop Notch...but this year, I would never give it a rating anywhere near that. This one was so bad I poured it out.

Hop Nosh IPA from Uinta Brewing Company