Bourbon Barrel Aged Cobain's Double Dark IPA | Walldorff Brewpub and Bistro

Added by SGToliver on 11-06-2013

Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

4.21/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Gifted a 4 pack when I got home from deployment. It has about 8 months of age at this time.
A: pours a deep dark brown, nearly black. A pinkies width of head rentention that dissipated over 5 minutes to some nice lacing.
S: a nice mix of hops and bourbon. Not overpowering, slight sweetness in the nose.
T: I usually hate IPAs, seriously. So a BA IPA is right up my alley. The taste has all the characteristics of a fine BA beer; a nice candied stickiness, bourbon and oak.
M: thicker than the usual Cobains. Nice carbonation, not syrupy at all.

Overall this may be my favorite IPA. Take that as you will though because I don't generally like them and this is barrel aged but I recommend tying this if they still have any bottles left.

Bourbon Barrel Aged Cobain's Double Dark IPA from Walldorff Brewpub and Bistro