Bee Sting Honey Rye

Notes:
Reviews: 4 | Ratings: 15 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
dd53grif from Michigan

3.94/5  rDev +0.8%

ABV - 6.5%, IBU - 15. Pours a copper color with minimum head. No distinct aroma. Very easy drinking; smooth mouth feel with a sweetness from the honey. Enjoyable.

Sep 21, 2019
Shaskins80 from Michigan

Wonderfully balanced. Nice malty taste; honey was a nice counterbalance to the rye. My palate is not too sophisticated, but I noticed a spice note other than the rye. I just can’t put my finger on it. I truly enjoyed this beer. It disappeared from my glass rather quickly

Sep 04, 2012
MarvinTheMarzen from Iowa

4.76/5  rDev +21.7%

Tasted on the sampler at the brewpub. This beer is a delightful combination of rye tempered with the honey. Not too sweet, you get the rye's taste without the wallop that some ryes have. The flavors blend so well it reminds you of a lager. This is by far the most palatable rye that I've had.

Nov 08, 2009
PeatReek from California

3.67/5  rDev -6.1%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

A nice cloudy brown pour with a slight yellow head and a sweet, spicy aroma. Unlike a lot of rye beers, this is no hop bomb; very malty sweet with light touches of rye and honey. The body is light and it drinks super-easy; my first pint was gone before I knew it. A great session beer.

Jan 01, 2007