Bee Sting Honey Rye | Walldorff Brewpub and Bistro

Walldorff Brewpub and Bistro
walldorffbrewpub.com

Style: Rye Beer

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by PeatReek on 01-01-2007

3.5/5  rDev -15.7%

3.75/5  rDev -9.6%

Wonderfully balanced. Nice malty taste; honey was a nice counterbalance to the rye. My palate is not too sophisticated, but I noticed a spice note other than the rye. I just can’t put my finger on it. I truly enjoyed this beer. It disappeared from my glass rather quickly

3.5/5  rDev -15.7%

4.76/5  rDev +14.7%

Tasted on the sampler at the brewpub. This beer is a delightful combination of rye tempered with the honey. Not too sweet, you get the rye's taste without the wallop that some ryes have. The flavors blend so well it reminds you of a lager. This is by far the most palatable rye that I've had.

3.67/5  rDev -11.6%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

A nice cloudy brown pour with a slight yellow head and a sweet, spicy aroma. Unlike a lot of rye beers, this is no hop bomb; very malty sweet with light touches of rye and honey. The body is light and it drinks super-easy; my first pint was gone before I knew it. A great session beer.

Bee Sting Honey Rye from Walldorff Brewpub and Bistro