Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse | Spaten-Franziskaner-Bräu

Ratings: 3,930 |  Reviews: 1,603

3.75/5  rDev -7.2%

3.25/5  rDev -19.6%

4.27/5  rDev +5.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

This review is for the Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse beer. The bottle says that it is 355ml aka 12oz. I love me some wheat beers! This one was very good. I served it in a wheat beer glass (the way its meant to be consumed). After the head dissipated I took my first sip and I have to say this is a great beer! I Loved it. You can get some yeast, bread, banana, and spices (typical hefe notes). I drank this beer very cold, I think that's how this should be consumed. It is a refreshing beer so consume it cold to cool you down. The Franziskaner was about $1.50 for a 12oz bottle. I also drank an Ayinger Bräu Weisse right before I drank this beer. I felt like the Ayinger was just smoother and more enjoyable. It was bubbly like champagne in the mouth. The negative to the Ayinger is that it cost me $3.50 a bottle (16.9oz).

Make no mistake, this Franziskaner is a top beer! It is a better buy in my opinion than the Ayinger. I'd drink this beer no problem. I just felt it didn't have as much flavor? That could be my fault... being drunk and eating food could have skewed my palate. I drank the Ayinger while sober. :)

My reviews are more mental notes for me. I don't really care about smells, appearance, etc. Just the overall taste.

4.5/5  rDev +11.4%

3.75/5  rDev -7.2%

4.2/5  rDev +4%

This is probably one of my all-time favorite beers and is also an easy go-to when you don't have time to compare or if you experience any indecision. It's a perfect hefe and should be appreciated and consumed with respect to the drinking experience.

Visually, a beautiful golden yellow-orange with a sound head. Serve it in a classic Hefe glass or even a chalice.

Either on tap or in the bottle, it is delicious during any season as it pleases all year 'round.

Pair it with a light & crisp pizza or any shellfish dish. Good appetizer beer with roasted potatoes, tacos, cured meats and lighter cheeses (goat, feta). With excellent carbonation, your palate will be cleaned and ready for the next bite.

Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse from Spaten-Franziskaner-Bräu