Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse | Spaten-Franziskaner-Bräu

Spaten-Franziskaner-Bräu
Germany
franziskaner-weissbier.de

Style: Hefeweizen

Also known as Franziskaner Weissbier and Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse Hell.

Added by Todd on 11-13-2001

Ratings: 4,508 |  Reviews: 1,696

4.25/5  rDev +5.2%

4.77/5  rDev +18.1%

Franziskaner - Weissbier

Always one of my favorites, my wife surprized me with a gift in the fridge this afternoon. It sure was great. I can't get enough of this beer, and even better with a few grilled brats. I've loved hefeweizen ever since getting sent to Germany with the Army in the 90's - it was beer like this that kept away from all macro-brews throughout my college life. After some great Hefeweizen, I just couldn't back to bland, tasteless American Lagers.

This beer pours a deep, golden color, a very cloudy blond-light brown. The 12 oz bottle filled my 500ml weizen glass to nearly the top with a thick off-white foam that went down fairly quicky, but not without lacing the sides all the way down.

It's a very flavorful wheat beer taste, slightly sweet, slightly malty, slightly heavy, but all in a great combination. You'll want to be sure to give the bottle a few swirls before you finish your pour to ensure that you get all the unfiltered wheat that you've paid for.

As I finished my brew and typed this up, some fruit fly decided that he couldn't take it anymore and finished himself off with a dive into my glass. While I switch to my covered stein and pour anothe, I just can't be too upset. That's the way I'd like to go too.

3.5/5  rDev -13.4%