Spaten Optimator | Spaten-Franziskaner-Bräu

Liked:
3.89/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 3,065 |  Reviews: 1,336

This is my favorite beer. It made me explore the world of craft beer

One of the best Doppel Bocks i have ever had, I cant believe i payed 9 bucks for a six pack of 12 once bottles.. Considering the price and the quality of the beer i'd say it doesn't get much better than this, I got to say that this beer deserves a higher rating that 87, Maybe it's the green bottle maybe some people have gotten a few skunky beer, Thankfully i haven't

absolute favorite beer, that i have had so far

I will only write this review, to profess my love for this beer. Ok, I've had 3 and feeling pretty damn good right about now.... yes they are 7% so you may get the idea that they will give you that warm fuzzy feeling pretty quick...

I've tried a bunch of beers and I keep coming back to this one. Thankfully it isn't the hardest to get. I was recommended to it by a German doctor. The point is, the guy has the money to buy what he wants and this was the one he liked. I'm usually disappointed by the rest of the beers I try and wish I had my Optimator instead. Ok, the Korbinian was damn good and so was the Celebrator. But they're more expensive and not more impressive. Seriously. This is the one to buy. A+++

Ok, just a bit about it. It is dark, rich, and sweet. If you want dry and bitter look elsewhere. This one will pair with a nice dessert or just about anything as far as I'm concerned. Yes, it does get better as it approaches room temperature but I haven't made it all the way there because it tastes too damn good. Enjoy and only rate it if you can appreciate a truly damn good Doppelbock.

Presentation: 1 PT .9 OZ Brown bottle with crushed gold foil around cap. day code on lower left of label, but no freshness date.

Appearance: Dark amber color, with 1 finger of tan head, head retains very well, with lacing ring throughout the pint.

Smell: Hints of caramel, sweet and toasted malt, chocolate, slight hint of orange.

Taste: lovely rich malt flavor similar to a brown ale. abv very well hidden.

Notes: one of my favorites, Breakfast beer it is. a little thrown off by the label reading "malt liqour" on the side, guessing no hops.

Spaten Optimator from Spaten-Franziskaner-Bräu