Beer 30 Light | Melanie Brewing Company

Wisconsin, United States

Style: Light Lager

Added by mynie on 09-24-2006

1.37/5  rDev -17.5%

Have only thrown up once due to alcohol in my life, and this beer was the culprit. Stinks of urine, tastes like urine stirred with sweaty gym socks, and leaves the heaviest, nastiest hangover you will ever suffer from. Avoid this beer at all costs. The worst excuse for an alcoholic beverage I have ever had the misfortune to imbibe.

1.44/5  rDev -13.3%

Not as good as beer 30 ice. Not got at all actually.

I usually would never give ANY beer this low a score but it is the beer I will always remember, not for good reason. I was in college and consistently drank terrible beer, weekly. The usually adjunct lagers and even worse. This beer was unpalatable for me, even when I drank BMC beers on the reg and thought they were good. A couple friends and I pick it up for a game of beer pong in college and left it sitting in the corner of the garage. It was awful. Try it just to say you've had the worst beer ever made.

1.74/5  rDev +4.8%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

2.32/5  rDev +39.8%

1.25/5  rDev -24.7%

I busted a party with some kids and they were drinking this stuff. Smelled like old garbage and farts. One kid said they paid $8 for a 30 pack. That's cheaper than Natty Light. They were underage so I had them pour it out.

Came back to that same house a week later for another underage party and the grass was dead in the spot they poured out last weeks batch. I'd avoid this swill

1.5/5  rDev -9.6%

1.25/5  rDev -24.7%

1.03/5  rDev -38%

Notes on this brew:
Brewed with dirty gym socks, and pigfeed corn.
May be paired with industrial cleaner to strengthen its effect
A bold drink for the new generation of "trailer trash" and college kids with no money
May be mistook for grape soda due to the ridiculous purple can. That's how they trick you into accidentally drinking it.

3.36/5  rDev +102.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 3.5

Look, I don't know what everyone is bashing...this shit costs like $10 for a 30 pack what do you expect? Golden ambrosia served in a chalice while angels whistle on your dong?
For less than $.50 a can, I don't think this is a bad beer at all; perfect for games and casual drinking (and I'd take it over bud light any day of the week). Is this a connoisseur's beer? Hell no! It's made to get a person buzzed and save a few bucks. The taste and carbonation remind me of Miller Lite or Coors light..leaning more towards Coors. There is a slight aftertaste which I don't experience in the pricier pisswater ranges...but honestly; I stopped noticing after the second can. Smells and looks like cheap beer to me! Mouthfeel is right up there with any other light beer. Taste is like I said, somewhere between Miller and Coors slightly sweeter and with a short, dirty aftertaste. Of course it's not top-notch, but look at that price tag! Red Dog isn't even this cheap most of the time and that's one of two beers (along with side pocket) that are undrinkable to me. It's not as sweet nor as nasty and off-putting as some of the ones that there are for the same amount of money in my area (Boxer, Lost Lake, Red Dog, Side Pocket, any HG product, Icehouse, etc). Support a Wisconsin brewery and save a few bucks while your at it for your next drinking game or beer bong-off.
For the record: Fav beers are: Alaskan Amber and Wisconsin Brewery's Porter Joe.

Beer 30 Light from Melanie Brewing Company