Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Altbier | Hyde Park Brewing Company

3.49/5
Okay

Hyde Park Brewing Company
New York, United States
hydeparkbrewing.com

Style: Altbier

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Availability: Spring

Added by Gavage on 06-05-2006

Reviews by madmanjf:
3.07/5  rDev 0%

(A) Ruby Brown color. Clear, filtered. Good head and lacing

(S) Non-Existent. I mean, all I could smell was the sanitizer from the glass ... at least I hope that's where it was coming from.

(T) If I was blind-folded, I would've sworn it was a Brown Ale.

(M) Highly Carbonated, with what you'd expect in feeling a brown ale in your mouth.

(D) I had three pints. It was good. But didn't really fit into the Altbier style in my opinion.

3.91/5  rDev 0%

Appearance: dark orange in color with a thick 2" head that lasted a long time. Spotty lacing developed.

Smell: as with most beers from Hyde Park, the aroma is very mild as only some candy sweetness is detectable.

Taste: nice hearty malt backbone here, with a spicy nuttiness lingering in the background. Some caramels, pepper, and a decent bitterness rounds it out. Alcohol was not detectable.

Mouthfeel: lightly crisp at the start, while the finish leans more towards smooth. Light dryness at the end. Long malt aftertaste sticks to the tongue. Medium bodied.

Drinkability: another solid offering that is easy drinking for the style. Worth giving this a try if on tap.

Altbier from Hyde Park Brewing Company