Shiner Bock | Spoetzl Brewery / Shiner

Style: Bock

Added by BeerAdvocate on 10-03-1999

Ratings: 4,063 |  Reviews: 1,097

Baby got bock.

Best beer ever! So good! Even got a key to the brewery!

Great beer, the best to me.

4.99/5  rDev +56.9%

Shiner Bock has been and likely will remain my favorite beer for most activities. It's strong yet slightly sweet an very drinkable nature make it the perfect companion for most outdoor activities, but it feels most at home paired with tailgating and a good ribeye. The Spoetzl Brewery's most famous offering is the best example of an American-style bock; it doesn't have the strength of its German counterparts but is a very easy beer to drink and enjoy throughout the day. Overall, it's hard to knock Shiner Bock.

4.94/5  rDev +55.3%

This is my all time favorite beer. Spent some time in San Antonio in the army and the bars got day old kegs from the brewery. Just amazing! I like that it's a a dark flavorful beer that isn't too heavy, I can drink it all night and not get too full.
Also this is my first review and I'm a casual beer drinker not sure how else to discribe the beer.

4.9/5  rDev +54.1%

Love this beer! I had Shiner Bock on tap for first time it was delicious! Color caramel brown, not much head on this beer tho. Smooth refreshing beer that in my opinion is great drink after doing yard work or honey doos. This definitely not a full bodied wheat or ale beer but an upgrade from typical mass produced bud light or colors light. Next keg will be Shiner Bock in my kegerator. One of my all time faves. Cheers.

4.87/5  rDev +53.1%

Great beer! It agrees with my palate!

4.82/5  rDev +51.6%

Look, I dont break it down for the 5 "groups" ...all I know is its' a darker beer that's full of flavor! It's very crisp, smooth, you can taste the hazelnut & caramel and to me, this is heaven in a mug! ...I was a Sam Adams fan, but this has just took the place of my "GO TO" beer!

Plain and simple, if you haven't tried this, TRY IT!!! ...if you have and don't like it, ...10 bucks says you're a budweiser/miller/heinekein fan and shouldn't be reviewing a beer like this!

A+++ BEER!!!!

4.8/5  rDev +50.9%

I rated it 4.0 because it's a drinkable beer, just not my favorite. Still very good and I recommend it.

4.8/5  rDev +50.9%

4.79/5  rDev +50.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.79/5  rDev +50.6%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

4.78/5  rDev +50.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

This excellent beer has a deep amber, almost copper, color and has a thin, white head. The smell is not overwhelming, in fact is very subtle. The taste is absolutely sublime. Not overpowering, not too hoppy, not bitter. It is perfectly balanced. The mouthfeel is smooth and silky. This has been my all-time favorite beer for quite some time. It's very hard to beat this beer.

4.76/5  rDev +49.7%