Shiner Hefeweizen | Spoetzl Brewery / Shiner

3.28/5  rDev -0.3%

3.28/5  rDev -0.3%

4.14/5  rDev +25.8%

Shinah!!!!!

Appearance (3.25) : 1 finger lightly fluffy head that seems to float on top like a jello mold. Body is light gold and fairly transparent. If I understand right, the style SHOULD be fairly cloudy...but man I'm not gonna get into semantics.

Aroma (4) : Honey. Molasses. A nice gingerly wheat smell. Some honey biscuit or cracker. I have to say it's different than anything I've ever laid nose to. At worst you could say it's processed or chemically, like paint, but I won't go there. Bouquet is medium strength.

Taste (4.25) : Pleasantly sour and gingerly, man this is a tangy beer. And it's so unique! It's just got this THING going on...it's great! Honey, ginger, club soda tang, hard to describe. It's unique and that's great. Just what I needed tonight. The most wild hefeweizen I have ever had before.

Mouthfeel (3.5) : Light bodied, carbonated, champagne-like. Ends crispy and dry like a white wine. So easy to drink. It's like a favorite light lager of mine but it has the best tangy flavor to it!

Overall (4.14) : This Hefe is fabulous. And by fabulous I mean it's not the best beer in the world but I have never had anything quite like it. The double headed man on the label says it all - this beer is freakin' WEIRD. So, so pleasant. And I may be a little tipsy by now, but I can still call a good beer out when I have one - and this beer rocks my world. So incredibly tangy, so delicious. Shiner Hefe, if I find you in a six pack, I'm taking you home with me. An then I will build you a crib. And rock you to sleep. And... I'm out.

3.75/5  rDev +14%